problem with one of my 622s please HELP!!!

brian913

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
OK heres whats going on....I have two 622 receivers. They have both been working fine till about 2 weeks ago. Every once in awhile the receiver downstairs in the family room will suddenly turn itself off. The TV screen will go black. And their will be this LOUD! crackly sound coming from the speakers. The only way to correct this is to do a front panel reboot. After it reboots everythings back to normal. On my receiver downstairs this has happened about 4 or 5 times now. The 622 upstairs has not had this happen yet(knock on wood). My question is is this a software issue? Im not sure if they both have the same version. keep forgetting to check.lol Been with DIsh for 8 years or so so I know reboots are a way of life sometimes. Thanks for any ideas you guys might have. By the way even with a few short comings the 622 RULES!!!

OK heres whats going on....I have two 622 receivers. They have both been working fine till about 2 weeks ago. Every once in awhile the receiver downstairs in the family room will suddenly turn itself off. The TV screen will go black. And their will be this LOUD! crackly sound coming from the speakers. The only way to correct this is to do a front panel reboot. After it reboots everythings back to normal. On my receiver downstairs this has happened about 4 or 5 times now. The 622 upstairs has not had this happen yet(knock on wood). My question is is this a software issue? Im not sure if they both have the same version. keep forgetting to check.lol Been with DIsh for 8 years or so so I know reboots are a way of life sometimes. Thanks for any ideas you guys might have. By the way even with a few short comings the 622 RULES!!!

622's and 722's have been plagued with overheating. Are you sure the STB is getting enough air circulation??? We had ours in a closed in Entertainment Center with a glass door on the front. It rebooted so we took the door off and have not had problems with reboots since. Where is the box located (is it in an entertainment center?) If so, it might help to try to get more air around the unit.

Geoff

622's and 722's have been plagued with overheating. Are you sure the STB is getting enough air circulation??? We had ours in a closed in Entertainment Center with a glass door on the front. It rebooted so we took the door off and have not had problems with reboots since. Where is the box located (is it in an entertainment center?) If so, it might help to try to get more air around the unit.

Geoff
Im pretty sure heat isint a problem. The family room where the problem 622 is is downdtairs in the theater. It actually gets a little chilly down there. Plus its not enclosed in any kind of cabinet Sigh...lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)