Problem with Prime Focus 2.4M (8 Foot) and Ku Band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
F/D is Focal length/Diameter
but your focal length measured from the bottom center of the dish to a point just inside the feed throat. (Not to the lnbf holder)
I calculate your Focal length to be 86.75mm. and the F/D at .36

Thanks for the calculation so I think my f/D is .38 because a lot of similar dishes of mine are that 0.38, maybe I'm wrong but I bet I didn't measured correctly and my f/D is .38 but still I think the Invacom is not good at that low f/D (correct me if I'm wrong)

I may have missed it, but did you ever mention what brand the dish is? It's usually not hard to find specs on a branded dish.

The F/D is up to the feed horn, not the LNB(F) that's attached to it. Specs say the ADF-120 is adjustable from .32 to .43 http://www.the-lighthouse.se/eng/satellit/c180/pdf/ADF-120.pdf

From their chart, looks like you need 4 to 4.5mm protruding out the front of the scalar for F/D of .38 to .36.

what is a protruding?

The brand of my antenna is thundersat, I don't have the model it is Polar Mount 2.4 meters, that's all the information I got.

what is a protruding?
attachment.php

Attachments

• protruding1.gif
    protruding1.gif
    149.5 KB · Views: 203
After doing the adjustments all of you gave me I got a lot of increase of strength on my 2.4 Prime Focus but still if far from what I was specting, so now I'm gonna check how the Golden Interstar GI-209P works on this satellite.

I have got the "C" band lnb to work ok but "KU" will not work ? LNB says LO of 9750 and 10600 and when I scan get nothing on those frequencies. My other ku lnb's are 10750. How do I know what the IF freq is ?

LNB says LO of 9750 and 10600
A Universal LNBF. Must set the receiver LNB programming correctly. Since N.A. satellites only use 11700 to 12200, Set to Standard LNB and set the L.O. to 10600. ALSO- 22Khz has to be set to ON. Otherwise set to Universal LNB (22Khz should be grayed out- automatic selection) and waste time scanning the 10500 to 11700* band in addition to the 11700 - 12200 band. (*nothing CONUS uses it)
I.F. frequency = Transponder freq minus L.O. freq.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)