Problem with receiver (owned/leased)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I purchased an HR24 from a local shop back in November and was told that since they do not deal with DirecTV it would be an owned receiver. When I activated the receiver it was confirmed by the person who activated it that the receiver was owned and it would not be a problem. Fast forward two months I called because I have not received a box to return the SD receiver I was replacing. Just to double check myself I asked about the HR24 and they told me I was lied to (by both the retailer and the customer service rep) and that the HR 24 is leased and they refuse to change it in the system.

What options do I have at this point to get this resolved?

You might try the access card department, or failing that, the office of the president. There is a link on Directv's website for that.

Dan, what did you pay for it. Anything even close to $200 is going to be leased, unless it is a used receiver that was owned by a DirecTV employee. The only owned receivers are owned swaps via protection plan, employees or comercial accounts ($500 range per receiver).

Sadly, regardless how high you escalate this, I don't think you'll have a leg to stand on.

"When I activated the receiver it was confirmed by the person who activated it that the receiver was owned and it would not be a problem."

Did you document this any any way? If not; you are out of luck; its a lease.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts