Problems all around!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
hey guys, first off, let me say this is just not me having these problems, some people that are about a 15 minute drive from me are having the same exact problem. Randomly our boxes just freeze up and shut off for no reason whatsoever, changing a channel, watching a show, going through on demand lists, going through our dvr list, it just freezes resets, and will do it at least once to twice an hour. I have 2 8300 dvrs, one hd one regular. My one friend has a 8000Hd dvr, and my other friend has one 8300 dvr, plus a regular old cable box, all are having the same problems any thoughts? time warner says they dont have a problem, and every tech that comes out cant find anything wrong, its very annoying becuase the last time, it shut our tv off along with the cable box, freaked my wife out bad!

I've also had problems with my 8300HD DVR freezing (usually when playing recorded content or switching to/from recorded content ESPECIALLY if both tuners are busy). I've never questioned TW about it because it's a bit too random to troubleshoot. I can not reliably recreate the problem. I'll add, though, that I get the problem once or twice a week. Never more than once in a single day.

I personally have always chalked it up to bugs in the software that they are ALWAYS updating (I've got the interrupted late night recording to prove it). :p Maybe the problems will eventually go away? Here's to hoping...

The 8300HD blows always the 8000HD in terms of performance. The 8000HD just doesn't have the processing power or RAM to be able to reliably perform, IMHO.

But, there is not much you can do. Most of the HD-DVRs I have seen are very buggy, being early in their life cycle.

well our cable is now out completely, and our internet is working, time warner said they dont have an outage but it will be about a week- week and a half before they come out :-(

right now they are saying its not an outage and they dont know if they can credit me-they will, right now i have my dish up and running, so time warner is on thin ice with my wife-she is the one ticked off! i might losemy hd-dvr over this hiccup :(

i didn't have a DVR because I have a tivo, but this is exactly what was happening to me. I gave TW 18 mos to fix it, and they never did. I just switched to Dish last week, and its the best thing I have ever done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts