Problems re-aligning the image using DVI

DRAKO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
VA
When setting up my STB i noticed that the menu/channel image was a bit too far to the right on my screen (like on the discoveryHD logo, the "D" gets cutoff) I'm using DVI to connect this and I saw under the settings that there is a feature to re-align the image horizontally/vertically, it goes from -15 to 15, but it doesnt work... ???

is this a bug?

I have gone to both extremes -15 all the way to 15 and still the image wont move a bit (of course i could go into my TV's servicemenu and realign DVI there, but why? shouldnt this feature work?) as a reference my STB has the latest software release now

thanks
yet again :)

DRAKO said:
When setting up my STB i noticed that the menu/channel image was a bit too far to the right on my screen (like on the discoveryHD logo, the "D" gets cutoff) I'm using DVI to connect this and I saw under the settings that there is a feature to re-align the image horizontally/vertically, it goes from -15 to 15, but it doesnt work... ???

is this a bug?

I have gone to both extremes -15 all the way to 15 and still the image wont move a bit (of course i could go into my TV's servicemenu and realign DVI there, but why? shouldnt this feature work?) as a reference my STB has the latest software release now

thanks
yet again :)

Yes, this is a known bug. The best thing you can do is realign the geometry with your TV Service Menu.

thanks, so i guess there is no work aroundbut doing it direclty on my TV...

any news of this being addressed on the next firmware upgrade? this seems like a major flaw

Drako, you could get your TV ISF'd and reduce the amount of overscan. My pj only has 3% overscan and the D is nowhere near the edge of the screen.

It's been ISF'd, mainly to get the grayscale perfectly to 6500k :)

and the overscan its at 3-4% I exagerated a bit when i said the "D" was off the screen, but i wanted to make a point :p

I noticed it when the menus themselves were a tad to the left, not a huge deal, but with my DTV receiver this could easily be fixed so I was hoping for an easy fix as well, hopefully its doable in the future.. for now i'll just use the service menu to adjust DVI

DRAKO

Have the same problem here but mine is to the left, can't read the first digit of a channel number. Like you, all other STB I had you could fix this.

Need to go under your service menu on your TV and adjust it. that is what I had to do. I used DISCOVHD and WORLDSPRT to make my adjustment since thaey have logos and score boards in different locations of the screen.

yeah thats a solution, but anything else that you plug into the DVI input will be miss aligned

drako,

How far over is it shifted? If its only slightly you shouldn't have problems with your other devices. I had to adjust mine only vertical very slightly and had no other problems. Although I am only using stb with DVI. I haven't made the jump to DVI DVD player yet.

jimmykce1 said:
drako,

How far over is it shifted? If its only slightly you shouldn't have problems with your other devices. I had to adjust mine only vertical very slightly and had no other problems. Although I am only using stb with DVI. I haven't made the jump to DVI DVD player yet.

it cuts a slight bit of the "D" of the DiscoveryHD logo, its not too bad, but im sure other sets will be worse..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)