Problems receiving channels OTA

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hey anyone who can help I currently have dish for HD but am looking to cut my costs and get my locals OTA with an indoor antenna. I live in 19111 so the furthest station from me is approx. 8.0 miles away. I hooked the antenna (Philips PHDTV1) up to my tv and pick up all but fox (29.1 in philadelphia) and same with dish. Is there any reason that the antenna won't pick it up? I am getting all other channels in that direction with some of them being further away. (Currently I receive 3.1, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 10.1, 10.2, 12.1, 23.1, 17.1, 57.1 and a few other spanish channels, all very clear). Any help on this matter is appreciated.

Hey anyone who can help I currently have dish for HD but am looking to cut my costs and get my locals OTA with an indoor antenna. I live in 19111 so the furthest station from me is approx. 8.0 miles away. I hooked the antenna (Philips PHDTV1) up to my tv and pick up all but fox (29.1 in philadelphia) and same with dish. Is there any reason that the antenna won't pick it up? I am getting all other channels in that direction with some of them being further away. (Currently I receive 3.1, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 10.1, 10.2, 12.1, 23.1, 17.1, 57.1 and a few other spanish channels, all very clear). Any help on this matter is appreciated.
Other people in the Philadelphia thread at avsforums are having problems with 29.1 too. I understand that the transmitter is lower down than the other digital stations. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=10334148&&#post10334148

Well that certainly sucks... is there any possible work around that would help (aside from an outside antenna which the wife won't allow) such as an amplifier from radio shack or will that not do any good because of its location?

Here is what is completely odd (and it is part of what was said on that thread you linked me to)... I scanned just now when I woke back up (work overnight so I nap during the day) ad fox29 is coming in beautifully now with a 75 signal strength. I'm going to monitor it through the night but so far it looks to be good. As for the attic.... I wish I had an attic lol I live in a rowhome so thats a commodity I don't have.

I realize this topic has been dead for about 2 mos now but rather than post another thread I figured I'd add a question to my old one... I just picked up a philips indoor antenna as the cat chewed the wire on my old one with this new one being amplified. With the new antenna I have completely lost PBS (12.1 VHF) which is odd since it is a UHF/VHF amplified one. I have tried to pick it up by turning VHF amplification all the way up and following the instructions but for some reason I cannot get it at all. Are there any known issues with 12.1 in philadelphia or are there any other steps to pick this channel up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)