Problems with 105.0W / AMC-18, Anyone Else with trouble on Tp V - 3920?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bobbe-Glad to hear you have it figured out.
1.2m dish is kinda big for a HH motor
My sentiments also, reason I'm making a polar mount for one of my 1.2 CM dishes. Just wish I would have gotten it done last fall. :-( At this time 3920, 3940 and 3780 are up.

Ok I understand about sun outage, thanks)
Ok tonite no sun. I went to amc 4 101w tp 12060 had Q of 50-60% after a few minutes signal started going down to 30% and back up to 50% then after 7 minutes Q signal went to zero then after a minute or came back on then just kept going on and off. It was going on and off from 0 Q signal to 50-60 Q signal. I then went to Galaxy 3c TP 12050 or any TP and it did the same thing after about 7 minutes Q signal cut off and on over and over. This happens on every sat I hit I am using satracer hh motor. But like I said it started happing in the fall of 2010. I am in N.E.A

Got it straighten out. It was the lnb part of the motor. I by passed it now working great. Thanks for the help.

Bobbe-Glad to hear you have it figured out. My sentiments also, reason I'm making a polar mount for one of my 1.2 CM dishes. Just wish I would have gotten it done last fall. :-( At this time 3920, 3940 and 3780 are up.

Polar mount sounds like a good plan. I got a big yard but lot oftree's, there is only one spot to get signal on. I do not have in it for a 6' dish or bigger. I took the HH motor off of my 1.2m dish, shaft had a good amount of play in it at gear. I put dish back up no motor pointed at galaxy 17 91W. I got a good signal but no Q signal. If I blind scan on H, I get some Q signal when the
range is at 7132 mhz, so I know I am hitting 91w pretty good. I am very close to get channels bt no go. I was getting pretty good Q on 91w when I had the motor on it at first,before motor got messed up. Highest was 40% on TP 7080 30000 V or H. I think it is because the motor gave it skew adjustment. Now with just dish to pole I have no skew, dish does not have skew adjustment. If I can just get some Q on a live TP then I can take it from there. Got cold again here so I'll have to wait. In the mean time I orderd a Traxis 3500, it has a strong tuner so if anything can help me get some Q it will be that. The lnbf I am using a aspen, is pretty good. I got it just where it was on lnb mount as when I was picking up c-band with th motor on. It is more easy to find TP's with motor.I did spend a good amount of time adjusting lnb but no Q. It might not work on 1.2m dish without skew adjustment. I hope I can get it in cause between galaxy17 and with my dtv world 36' dish with motor on ark hitting linear sats 61w 72w 79w 83w 95w 97w it will be a pretty good little package. I cannot get anything after 97w with 36' rig cause of tree's. I do not think there is any other lnb for 1.2m dish then the one I got cause it was getting them in pretty good before with motor with skew.

TP 7080 (???) did you mean 3780 ? range is at 7132 mhz(?) C band TP's are between 3700 and 4200, Ku are between 11700 and 12200. <<dish does not have skew adjustment>> Can you twist the lnbf in the holder ?

TP 7080 (???) did you mean 3780 ? range is at 7132 mhz(?) C band TP's are between 3700 and 4200, Ku are between 11700 and 12200. <<dish does not have skew adjustment>> Can you twist the lnbf in the holder ?

N can do FA,I can turn lnb side to side but no can twist. Yes FA, the tp is 7080 30000 H or V, I got it on a blind scan with my VSU last year. But yo are right I never heard of anyone ever mention it before and it is not on langsat I do not think. I just got my Traxis DBS 3500 today but I do not knw to get software for or AC3 audio software from?

Last edited:
We have a firmware sectioni now, check it for the traxis firmware. Check first, which version your receiver has, and the serial number on your 3500>>there was more than one version of the firmware for the Traxis, depending on whether a certain letter was present in the receiver's serial number. Your Traxis, if recently bought, might already have the last firmware they made for it.

We have a firmware sectioni now, check it for the traxis firmware. Check first, which version your receiver has, and the serial number on your 3500>>there was more than one version of the firmware for the Traxis, depending on whether a certain letter was present in the receiver's serial number. Your Traxis, if recently bought, might already have the last firmware they made for it.

Yeah turbosat I think you are right. My serial# does not have a p or a Q it has a K in it. I have not seen any files for k ones. So I must have the latest. thank you.

Once you hook it up and find an AC-3 channel you will know pretty soon whether its working or not. I have that firmware stored someplace here, if you need it later on just post back and I'll find it, see which version-number it is. I know it is the one that made the ac3 sound work on mine.

Once you hook it up and find an AC-3 channel you will know pretty soon whether its working or not. I have that firmware stored someplace here, if you need it later on just post back and I'll find it, see which version-number it is. I know it is the one that made the ac3 sound work on mine.

Thanks turbosat I do need that file. It was never downloaded in box. serial number has a K in it. thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts