Problems with 105.0W / AMC-18, Anyone Else with trouble on Tp V - 3920?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bobbe-Glad to hear you have it figured out.
1.2m dish is kinda big for a HH motor
My sentiments also, reason I'm making a polar mount for one of my 1.2 CM dishes. Just wish I would have gotten it done last fall. :-( At this time 3920, 3940 and 3780 are up.

Ok I understand about sun outage, thanks)
Ok tonite no sun. I went to amc 4 101w tp 12060 had Q of 50-60% after a few minutes signal started going down to 30% and back up to 50% then after 7 minutes Q signal went to zero then after a minute or came back on then just kept going on and off. It was going on and off from 0 Q signal to 50-60 Q signal. I then went to Galaxy 3c TP 12050 or any TP and it did the same thing after about 7 minutes Q signal cut off and on over and over. This happens on every sat I hit I am using satracer hh motor. But like I said it started happing in the fall of 2010. I am in N.E.A

Got it straighten out. It was the lnb part of the motor. I by passed it now working great. Thanks for the help.

Bobbe-Glad to hear you have it figured out. My sentiments also, reason I'm making a polar mount for one of my 1.2 CM dishes. Just wish I would have gotten it done last fall. :-( At this time 3920, 3940 and 3780 are up.

Polar mount sounds like a good plan. I got a big yard but lot oftree's, there is only one spot to get signal on. I do not have in it for a 6' dish or bigger. I took the HH motor off of my 1.2m dish, shaft had a good amount of play in it at gear. I put dish back up no motor pointed at galaxy 17 91W. I got a good signal but no Q signal. If I blind scan on H, I get some Q signal when the
range is at 7132 mhz, so I know I am hitting 91w pretty good. I am very close to get channels bt no go. I was getting pretty good Q on 91w when I had the motor on it at first,before motor got messed up. Highest was 40% on TP 7080 30000 V or H. I think it is because the motor gave it skew adjustment. Now with just dish to pole I have no skew, dish does not have skew adjustment. If I can just get some Q on a live TP then I can take it from there. Got cold again here so I'll have to wait. In the mean time I orderd a Traxis 3500, it has a strong tuner so if anything can help me get some Q it will be that. The lnbf I am using a aspen, is pretty good. I got it just where it was on lnb mount as when I was picking up c-band with th motor on. It is more easy to find TP's with motor.I did spend a good amount of time adjusting lnb but no Q. It might not work on 1.2m dish without skew adjustment. I hope I can get it in cause between galaxy17 and with my dtv world 36' dish with motor on ark hitting linear sats 61w 72w 79w 83w 95w 97w it will be a pretty good little package. I cannot get anything after 97w with 36' rig cause of tree's. I do not think there is any other lnb for 1.2m dish then the one I got cause it was getting them in pretty good before with motor with skew.

TP 7080 (???) did you mean 3780 ? range is at 7132 mhz(?) C band TP's are between 3700 and 4200, Ku are between 11700 and 12200. <<dish does not have skew adjustment>> Can you twist the lnbf in the holder ?

TP 7080 (???) did you mean 3780 ? range is at 7132 mhz(?) C band TP's are between 3700 and 4200, Ku are between 11700 and 12200. <<dish does not have skew adjustment>> Can you twist the lnbf in the holder ?

N can do FA,I can turn lnb side to side but no can twist. Yes FA, the tp is 7080 30000 H or V, I got it on a blind scan with my VSU last year. But yo are right I never heard of anyone ever mention it before and it is not on langsat I do not think. I just got my Traxis DBS 3500 today but I do not knw to get software for or AC3 audio software from?

Last edited:
We have a firmware sectioni now, check it for the traxis firmware. Check first, which version your receiver has, and the serial number on your 3500>>there was more than one version of the firmware for the Traxis, depending on whether a certain letter was present in the receiver's serial number. Your Traxis, if recently bought, might already have the last firmware they made for it.

We have a firmware sectioni now, check it for the traxis firmware. Check first, which version your receiver has, and the serial number on your 3500>>there was more than one version of the firmware for the Traxis, depending on whether a certain letter was present in the receiver's serial number. Your Traxis, if recently bought, might already have the last firmware they made for it.

Yeah turbosat I think you are right. My serial# does not have a p or a Q it has a K in it. I have not seen any files for k ones. So I must have the latest. thank you.

Once you hook it up and find an AC-3 channel you will know pretty soon whether its working or not. I have that firmware stored someplace here, if you need it later on just post back and I'll find it, see which version-number it is. I know it is the one that made the ac3 sound work on mine.

Once you hook it up and find an AC-3 channel you will know pretty soon whether its working or not. I have that firmware stored someplace here, if you need it later on just post back and I'll find it, see which version-number it is. I know it is the one that made the ac3 sound work on mine.

Thanks turbosat I do need that file. It was never downloaded in box. serial number has a K in it. thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)