Problems with BD discs from BB?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mhowie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Tried to watch "The Adjustment Bureau" tonight-- wouldn't play on one of my BD players (Panasonic DMP-BD35) and only made it through 27 minutes on my LG BD-570 before freezing.

Cleaned the disc, etc. and got the same result.

Are problem discs a frequent issue with BB? In over two years with Netflix I never received a bad disc.

Thanks.

Adjustment Bureau is a Universal BD and I have (twice) recently had problems with them on my BD30, one not playing as you experienced. I suspect am authoring problem on their end, not being compatible with older players.

Last edited:
Some of the newer BD require memory on the player older players and even the cheaper new ones don't have the required memory although you can add a USB drive for memory.For me the only problems have been getting the menus to load, except Pandorra that needed memory available to play a 2gb USB drive fixed it for me.

It's definetely a problem with that movie I have seen other posts at other sites talking about it. The blu-ray by mail has been a tremenous bonus for us.

Universal BDs are very memory intensive. I have a DMP-BD35 and will check when I get this movie in. (It is down the queue a bit.)
I don't think I ever added memory to my Panasonic Blu-Ray player, although doing so on my other (Dune Prime 3.0) players fixed the Universal issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts