Problems with BD discs from BB?

mhowie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Tried to watch "The Adjustment Bureau" tonight-- wouldn't play on one of my BD players (Panasonic DMP-BD35) and only made it through 27 minutes on my LG BD-570 before freezing.

Cleaned the disc, etc. and got the same result.

Are problem discs a frequent issue with BB? In over two years with Netflix I never received a bad disc.

Thanks.

Adjustment Bureau is a Universal BD and I have (twice) recently had problems with them on my BD30, one not playing as you experienced. I suspect am authoring problem on their end, not being compatible with older players.

Last edited:
Some of the newer BD require memory on the player older players and even the cheaper new ones don't have the required memory although you can add a USB drive for memory.For me the only problems have been getting the menus to load, except Pandorra that needed memory available to play a 2gb USB drive fixed it for me.

It's definetely a problem with that movie I have seen other posts at other sites talking about it. The blu-ray by mail has been a tremenous bonus for us.

Universal BDs are very memory intensive. I have a DMP-BD35 and will check when I get this movie in. (It is down the queue a bit.)
I don't think I ever added memory to my Panasonic Blu-Ray player, although doing so on my other (Dune Prime 3.0) players fixed the Universal issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)