Problems with FIOS VOD Service

garlandtxuser

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Garland, Texas
I am having constant problems with the STB's loosing connectivity and now being able to get the VOD serivce from the Internet connection. I get a menu stating that the box is currently downloading the program menu. This last until I contact Verizon and they send a new download to the box. Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone let me know what might be causing this?

The only thing different about my configuration is that I changed the local lan from 192.168.1.x to 10.60.161.x.

i had a problem with one of my SD boxes not being able to connect to VOD. i unplugged it and plugged it back in and that seems to have fixed the problem as my son hasn't asked me about it again.

do all your boxes do that, or just that one. if it is just the one, ask verizon for a new box. if they all do it, probably a connection problem.

welcome to the site.

I have a problem with my SD box not connecting to VOD in the bedroom. I will try to disconnect and reconnect to see if that solves the problem. Thanks for the tip.

korsjs said:
make sure you unplug it from the wall so it resets itself.
Thanks for the clarification. I thougth initially that you were talking about the cable wire, not the power cord.

Thanks again for the tip. :up

EDIT: Just thought I'd add - I did as recommended and it worked flawlessly.

Last edited:
Figured it out - Cannot change network address space

It appears that the boxes do not like the local network changed from the 192.168.1.x net. I put the address space back, reconfigured ALL of my static machines and rebooted the boxes and all but 1 appeared. For the one I still had problems with, I tested the cable going to that set and foud unacceptable loss. Replaced the coax and everything came right up.

Thanks for all the help and I hope that this information helps others that run into similiar problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)