problems with HD locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JosephB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Atlanta
I have Birmingham local channels, and this week of course they launched Birmingham HD locals, which is great. I already have an H20 (bought it at Best Buy after lightning got my H10) but I don't have an AT9 dish yet. There seems to be a problem when you tune to a channel that is an HD local, such as 6, the Fox station. You go to channel 6, and get channel not available, but then you can hit channel up and you go to the SD channel. I have all the HD locals out of my favorites list but its hard to retrain my grandfather to be able to watch the SD locals with the channel up workaround until we can get an AT9 installed.

Is there any way to make it ignore the HD locals until we get the proper dish? The receiver knows that all I have is an oval 3lnb dish, not the 5lnb dish. Do I need to call DirecTV and have a certain package turned off on the account until we have the dish installed?

JosephB said:
I have Birmingham local channels, and this week of course they launched Birmingham HD locals, which is great. I already have an H20 (bought it at Best Buy after lightning got my H10) but I don't have an AT9 dish yet. There seems to be a problem when you tune to a channel that is an HD local, such as 6, the Fox station. You go to channel 6, and get channel not available, but then you can hit channel up and you go to the SD channel. I have all the HD locals out of my favorites list but its hard to retrain my grandfather to be able to watch the SD locals with the channel up workaround until we can get an AT9 installed.

Is there any way to make it ignore the HD locals until we get the proper dish? The receiver knows that all I have is an oval 3lnb dish, not the 5lnb dish. Do I need to call DirecTV and have a certain package turned off on the account until we have the dish installed?

more than likely you will still have the same challe up issue when u upgrade, by default the reciver will tune to the hd local feed first.

when I get the upgraded dish it won't be a problem since I will actually have the signal. Right now I have an H20 and only a phase 3 dish, so I don't want to have to push channel up. When I get the AT9 dish, I really do want it to default to the HD feed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)