Status
Please reply by conversation.

Caeboy

Man with an FEA plan
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 31, 2004
Norman, OK
Is anyone else haveing problems with HD channel reception I cannot seem to get ESPN, HD Universal, and TNT HD. They were working fine before today but now they are missing and I am getting the searching satellite signal message from time to time.

Looks like my 110 LNB on my AT-9 has gone bad. All other signals are fine but I get 0 on one transponder and 29 on the other 2. They were in 70's before today.

DirecTV is coming out Tuesday to fix the issue. I wonder if I can get a new slimline dish out of this:D :D

Maybe. The guy who installed my AT9 said he predicted repair techs would routinely swap the whole dish out when there were problems, after the Slimline became widely available.

Let us know what happens!

Well the DirecTV tech came out and looked at my system. He looked at the transponder levels and said that they all seemed low not just 110. He spent about 45 min. fine tuning my dish and now everything is great. I am getting 80's and above on all my transponders.

The guy said the installer just did not take the time to peek the dish correctly.

It is amazing what a skilled person can do when they take the time to do the job right. I could really tell this guy was one that took pride in his work and his polite and professional attitude can go a long way in creating good customer experiences.

It is sad that this type of experience is uncommon today. I sure hope that DirecTV can work toward making it more common.

HD Reception

Yes, I've had problems with the same channels, particularly ESPN HD channel 73, most recently was last night (Thursday 11/9/06). In fact, I had the identical problem last Thursday at just about the same time. No problems were evident between these dates. I've been in touch with Directv on the subject and on two occasions the problem was corrected within minutes after talking to them even though the supervisors I spoke to said there was nothing wrong at their end and they didn't do anything. I'm waiting now for a technician to come out and check things at my end. Signal strength has always been well above the minimum for good reception, different than your experience.

Yes, I've had problems with the same channels, particularly ESPN HD channel 73, most recently was last night (Thursday 11/9/06). In fact, I had the identical problem last Thursday at just about the same time. No problems were evident between these dates. I've been in touch with Directv on the subject and on two occasions the problem was corrected within minutes after talking to them even though the supervisors I spoke to said there was nothing wrong at their end and they didn't do anything. I'm waiting now for a technician to come out and check things at my end. Signal strength has always been well above the minimum for good reception, different than your experience.

The first KAKU dishes have been having some problems with the ports on the attached LNBs. I have about 5 of them sitting around my shop that other installers put in and the 110 port busted.

The first KAKU dishes have been having some problems with the ports on the attached LNBs. I have about 5 of them sitting around my shop that other installers put in and the 110 port busted.

Are they the plug-in type connectors as opposed to screw-in?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)