Problems with the DIRECTV Genie 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corey Ellis

Original poster
Nov 11, 2017
Does anyone know when DIRECTV will be fixing the picture freezing and wireless genie mini's dropping connection. This has been going on for a while now, and it is getting quite annoying. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Directv will either tell you "soon", or deny there is an issue.

The only freezing I see on my HS17 is at the top and bottom of the hour when a bunch of stuff if starting/stopping recordings. That has been happening since day one with that box so guessing that will never be fixed. As for wireless dropping, I have two C41W’s and a C61W and none of them drop connections.

For almost three years I had no issues. A couple weeks ago, I started having problems with my mini losing connection. After two techs, a new mini and wireless bridge, I now lose connection every night at around 9:00 PM for about 5 minutes regardless of which room the mini is in. Nothing has changed in my house regarding internet/WiFi.

HR44-200
C41W-100
WVBRO-25

common complaint on the dtv forums

its usually suggested to go wired, but that doesnt always fix things

just more reasons to stay away from the hs17, and minis

Reactions: raoul5788
I tried to get an HS17 but they sent me a faulty one, it didn't have an HDMI port. Don't they check these things before they ship them out?

No HS17 has a HDMI port, you can’t connect a TV to it, you must use a mini client.

Reactions: Jimbo
You and I both know that a CSR would have explained the lack of an HDMI port, I mean is there any doubt?
No they wouldn't, chances are the CSR has never seen ir used one.

The HS17 is a server, not a recvr like the HR series are, it's an entirely different animal.

This is why you can't use any other recvrs with it, there's no way to connect to them.

The HS17 is a server, not a recvr like the HR series are, it's an entirely different animal.

This is why you can't use any other recvrs with it, there's no way to connect to them.

There's absolutely no technical reason why you can't use other receivers/DVRs with the HS17. Directv made a business decision not to allow it, that's all. The only thing that makes it a "server" is that it has no HDMI output. Otherwise it is basically an HR64.

There's absolutely no technical reason why you can't use other receivers/DVRs with the HS17. Directv made a business decision not to allow it, that's all. The only thing that makes it a "server" is that it has no HDMI output. Otherwise it is basically an HR64.
Thats a HUGE difference, not being able to "Connect" to a TV ... wouldn't you say ?

CSR told me today they can send me an HS17 with an HDMI port. They would know, right?
They also tell me the new Genie Mini is super fast, so it must be true, right?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts