professional signal meter?

Hmmm Pete, I have a Sky Tracker pro2, and a full charge only last for two minutes of usage, do you think is the battery pack or could something wrong. However, the battery pack is 8.4V and I do have a hard time to locate the right type of battery too.

If you are going to be at the Atlanta satellite show in two weeks
(see www.SatelliteExpo2006.com), Phil Simard from Ku-Sat in Montreal will be demonstrating spectrum analyzers on the antenna farm; as part of a how-to seminar on MPEG-2 as well as overall international satellite reception. Free to all show attendees. No preregistration required. Look at the boards for exact times, or visit booth #404 for more instructions. We plan on running at least 3 hours both Thursday (April 19) and Friday (April 20). See different installation techniques before making a final decision on what to get.

Mike

mikemorin said:
i also use the acutrac 22 pro, self powered and gets the signal quickly and accuratly :)

I wish mine did. I use my accu-trac22 to find the 119 sat and the 105. 99% of the time even though it shows a good signal on my accu_trac22 I have to go back and use my old cheap meter to fine tune the dish cuz the accu-trac22 is not accurate.

mikemorin said:
i also use the acutrac 22 pro, self powered and gets the signal quickly and accuratly :)

Yeah, move the dish around to find the peak then slowly find the peak again. no more annoying beeping noises and bulky meters.
Small fit in tool belt, and numbers of uses Digital Volt Meter, Dual sat, Number read outs. 22khz generator, ID connections to the IRDs, ID connection to LNB's, Identify TX/RX cables on DirecWay dishes and modems, Check for short in cables, use as a line toner, monitor voltage drop in long cable runs, Dishnetwork switch controls. Numbers of uses!!

It have problem with DishProPlus LNB, have to install a regular DP LNB to peak it then replace to DPP. When it hit the certin point it just goes flat and IRD will see only 50%.

Last edited:
sksatellite said:
Hmmm Pete, I have a Sky Tracker pro2, and a full charge only last for two minutes of usage, do you think is the battery pack or could something wrong. However, the battery pack is 8.4V and I do have a hard time to locate the right type of battery too.

Your meter's battery may need to be replaced if it is over a year or two old and not holding a charge. Before replacing try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes (~15 minutes) then reconnect it and charge it again. See if that helps.

If you have a "Batteries Plus" store nearby, take it there and have them test it for you. They will let you know if it is defective and maybe able to make a custom battery for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts