ProgDVB + Match Box Pro = video stutter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RichardButkus

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 11, 2008
near Savannah, GA
Hello everyone, noob here:

I have a Match Box Pro usb box and ProgDVB Standard Edition and I have a problem with video stutter (audio is fine). I tried fiddling with the codecs but the only ones I can get to display video are Elecard and Microsoft, all the other codecs give me error messages. I also tried increasing task priority but I couldn't see any improvement. I tried using DVB Dream but I never could get the Match Box Pro to lock on to anything.

I'm using Vista with an AMD AthlonT 64 X2 4600+ 2.4 GHZ dual core processor, 3 GB RAM, and an ATI Radeon x1550 256MB video card with dvi-to-hdmi output to a Samsung plasma tv and S-Video output to a Panasonic plasma. The Sammy and Panny both have the stutter.

Any suggestions for how to rid myself of this problem would be appreciated. I have done several Google searches but nothing I've read has helped. I would like to stay with the ProgDVB program if possible since I've gotten familiar with it over the past few days but I'll change if I have to. :)

I think it's just the progdvb..lol
I never got that to work without the video jerking around either.
It's those progdvb filters...or progdvb itself..or both....

Does any of these software work with your card? Mine are all twinhan.
Alt-DVB
, DVB Dream , or HispaDVB.
I used those, and there wasn't any more jerking around.
and instead of Filters, You select the video codecs.
or at least one of those was like that. I forget..
and the pc I had that on at the time was only 667MHZ with 225MB ram.
But of course now, I use an fta box..which I don't need any codecs for...lol

I tried DVB Dream but I couldn't get the Match Box Pro to work with it at all. After a few more days if I still have the stutter I'll have to try other software or bite the bullet and get a Quali. :)

ProgDVB Video Stutter

I use Windows XP just because of the torrent of Vista problems. I don't have an ultra fast PC but it works well with the Cyberlink DTV codecs. I found that If you want better HDTV you should set "options" to realtime. But with your PC that should not be necessary.

Have you asked Prog about your problem? He is usually very helpfull and gives answers to all who write even though they may be cryptic.

He is hell bent on getting CC workig and has spent too much time on a feature that no one really wants. I have noticed that there are problems in his software now that I have reported to him but he is not iterested in fixing. I get an audio stutter and have to click on the channel two or three times until the codec starts properly. I also noticed that after scanning the audio codecs are set to 'ing 1" which is unknown and should have come up "English". This could be related to your problem. Have you tried clicking on the channel two or three times to restart the codec?

Cyberlink has some advanced codecs in Vista that should work good for you. Microsoft has a little utility that you can download from there site that allows you to see what codecs are installed on your PC and allows you to set what you want as default.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 244
Hello everyone, noob here:

Any suggestions for how to rid myself of this problem would be appreciated. :)

Hi, are you having the problem with SD or are you trying to run HD?

I have ProgDVB working very well on SD with the Elecard codec on a dual core 1.6 GHz CPU; however, I have heard of dual core CPUs causing problems sometimes so you might want to try and run ProgDVB off just one CPU. Some place in menu land there is a option to select one CPU. You computer looks like it has more then enough power to run ProgDVB in SD on just one CPU.

BTW - I'm running XP Pro with SP3

Hope this helps, DC

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I'm going to work with this some more this weekend and report back on my progress (or lack of same :)). I'll give a shout out to Prog before I give up on this.

I haven't tried HD yet, I think ProgDVB Standard just does SD? I thought I might try the Blaze software that came with the box, it does HD (but not 4:2:2, if I understand correctly).

I tried Blaze 2.5 when I first got the box but I couldn't get a signal. Then today I had a few minutes to play with it some more and I tried downloading version 3.5 which wasn't on the installation disk but I found it on their website. I saw that the 3.5 software could see a signal from the usb box! I had to run before I could investigate further, I'll work with it some more tomorrow.

Thanks again, you guys are great!

Are you trying to run the Panasonic and sammy at the same time? You might try one at a time, running both would put some strain on that video card.
Under directshow, try using custom mode for graph creating and select your codecs there. As strange as it may sound sometimes an audio codec will make your video stutter, try different ones and see if it makes a difference.
Elecard, FFDshow, and Dscaler work for 4:2:2. Any version of Progdvb or any other dvb application will display HD. Before you invest $$ in applications or Quali give some of the other softwares a try, MyTheatre has a trial version that is the same as the registered version, just has a one hour limit, after one hour just restart it for another hour. Dvbdream is really nice, sounds like you had bad luck with it though. All of them are tough to get going at first but once you figure out one of them, the rest are pretty much the same.:)

Thanks for the tips Starman, I have tried using just one TV and still get the video stutter, but I'll try out your other ideas as well as those of the other helpful posters this weekend. Right now I think I will try to get a football game in HD with the Blaze 3.5 software, I tried it for a few minutes this morning with an SD signal and got pretty heavy pixelation, but I haven't taken time to experiment with the various settings. Looks like I've got plenty to do tonight and tomorrow. :)

Video Stutter

Prog had this reply:

"Thanks. Some time good idea remove empgpdmx.ax file from
ProgDVB\Filters directory."

I get PBS HDTV with Progdvb standard and Pro.

Prog told me if you use Elecard codec then 4.2.2 works. Works for me.

No luck so far on ProgDVB - still have the video stutter no matter what I try. It is essentially unwatchable. But thanks to everyone for their attempts to help - I tried each of your suggestions.

Blaze 3.5 worked pretty well yesterday for a couple of HD football games, I just hope I can use the registration info I got for 2.5 (it came with the Match Box Pro) so I don't have to pay $50 when the 14 day trial expires.

I gave up on DVB Dream, it kept crashing.

I tried My Theater's trial version, no luck yet but I'll probably go back and try it again after I take a couple of days off, I'm pretty frustrated right now.

Right now I'll be using my Fortec Star Mercury II for 4:2:0 SD, Blaze for HD and heaven only knows what for 4:2:2.

Frustration and dvb cards go hand in hand:D Have you tried the box connected to another USB port, or are your USB ports loaded...maybe overloaded? I moved to Vista shortly after it was first available but quickly went back to XP, I couldn't believe all the problems I was suddenly having with my dvb devices. Those problems may be resolved now but I won't be going back anytime soon. If you have the opportunity you could try it on an xp machine.

Thank you Starman for your words of encouragement, it's nice to have someone throwing me a lifeline :D

I have 2 external hard disk drives that were plugged in to usb ports, I unplugged them but it didn't help.

I even tried uninstalling the Service Pack for Vista, it didn't help either.

After I relax a bit and get over my frustration I'll try moving the box over to another usb port.

I have a laptop that uses XP, I'll try that also. It just doesn't have near the performance that my desktop does.

Success!

I went back to DVB Dream, re-installed (for about the fourth time), went through the setup again and now it works! I don't know what I did differently this time but it's working, a little bit of pixelation but overall not bad! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)