Program change not taking place on one receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ddevil

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
Phoenix
I have 5 receivers, 4 which are always connected and 1 which is moved around (patio, RV, garage, etc.) and not always connected to a dish.

I recently made some programming changes (eliminated a few movie channels) and the changes took effect on the 4 receivers immediately, but the "roving" receiver still receives the channels.

I know at some point they will go away, but am most interested in how this happened & how long they may stay active on this one receiver.

Thanks!

I assume D* intermitantly sends a houskeeping signal out to make sure the cards on your account have the proper authorizations. This is most commonly seen the other way... you add HBO or a PPV and one doesnt take cause of maybe a card reader/writing problem or something.

At some point the cards authorizations will time out or something, or it will deactivate itself because it's been unplugged too long, or whatever. Either way it wont last and there's probably not a concrete time for when it will fix itself or we'd all be doing it (unscrew all our coax, remove our movie channels/reduce package, screw them back in and keep enjoying that which we shouldn't be).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts