AM21 Tuner - WCIU 26.1 Chicago

Status
Please reply by conversation.

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Last Thursday I got an AM21 Off Air Tuner and I received all my off air local channels.

For reasons that are not important today I redid the Antenna Setup.

Now channel 26.1 WCIU HD is missing. In its place is channel 48.1 WCIU-DT. The program guide shows the programming on 26 and channel 48.1 are identical. However, the programming on those two channels are not the same. The programming on channel 48.1 and 26.3 are identical.

I know 26.1 is still broadcasting.

I want the AM21 to give me channel 26.1 which is WCIU - HD.

DirecTV has not been able to solve the problem.

Anybody have any ideas what is going on and how I can get the AM21 to show channel 26.1?

ur not gonna get it back. When u download the guide data it comes from the directv sat. Therefore when u re-did the intial setup u got what is currenty in the system. Trying to get old/outdated guide data is going to be impossible. good luck though

talljoel,
Welcome to the site.

Disconnect the OTA tuner and run a OTA scan, this will clear the memory.
Then hook it back up and run the OTA RESET tab, not the Initial one.
See if that fixes your trouble.

Thanks Jimbo:
I removed the USB cable that connects the AM 21 OTA Tuner to the Directv Receiver.

Then I did the reset - which removes all the local channels. Then I had no choice but to do the initial setup.

I do not know why, but - channel 26.1 is back!!! Channel 48.1 is gone. Everything is the way it was before I redid the antenna setup early this morning.

With the correct channels back in the guide I reconnected the USB cable from the AM21 to the Directv receiver.

Now everything is running smoothly.

Thanks again Jimbo.

Whenever I reset my receiver, the locals get messed up and I have to redo the initial OTA setup. Merely editing them does nothing I have to reset OTA then run the Initial Setup again.

Whenever I reset my receiver, the locals get messed up and I have to redo the initial OTA setup. Merely editing them does nothing I have to reset OTA then run the Initial Setup again.

I did redo the intial OTA setup, That alone did not fix the problem, I had to diconnect the AM21 from the Directv receiver and then redo the intial setup.

Thanks Jimbo:
I removed the USB cable that connects the AM 21 OTA Tuner to the Directv Receiver.

Then I did the reset - which removes all the local channels. Then I had no choice but to do the initial setup.

I do not know why, but - channel 26.1 is back!!! Channel 48.1 is gone. Everything is the way it was before I redid the antenna setup early this morning.

With the correct channels back in the guide I reconnected the USB cable from the AM21 to the Directv receiver.

Now everything is running smoothly.

Thanks again Jimbo.

NP,
Glad to see your back up and running normally :)

Jimbo

AM21 and CATV

For work reasons, I have to maintain basic cable service even though I have D* as my main viewing format.

My question seems simple, but may be more complex.

Background: I now have CATV analog channels 2-23 now with several OTA digital stations that have been reassigned between 80-1 and 150-1 so they don't interfer with existing analog versions on the CATV system.

With my Visio LCD TV's, I receive all analog CATV channels as well as the digital ones through the coax (TV) input without a problem. I can either do a direct entry or scan and then delete the ones I don't want. So all is good that way.

For this situation, only consider the digital channels that my Vizio TV receives for instance 72-1 which is an out of market CBS 5-1 in reality. My D* has channel 11 as my local CBS which is their OTA 11-1 stream.

In order to see a couple of out of market stations (according to D*) I have to swith inputs on my TV to watch these stations via CATV. Neither of these stations (as sent out by CATV) have a same channel allocation on my D* box nor are they on their actual OTA channel.

If I get an AM21 and hook it to cable, will I then be able to fake out my HR21 into thinking these CATV digital signals are OTA when they are actually cable channels? They should meet the same format as real OTA as my TV knows they are there and DTV. I am aware that the guide will not be able to show the proper schedule as the CATV channel assignments will not jive with the real world OTA channels.

But my questions is, has anyone tried it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)