R-22 Wireless Device

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Toyzruskid1976

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
Dayton, OH
I couldnt find another post about this (kinda surprised)
but can anyone give me the 411 on the wireless device I need for the R22

The rep said I could get it at best buy but I can't get anything to come up on their site. The rep sounded like it was in my best interest to buy it from a 3rd party place versus paying 60 dollars through DirecTV.

This site is awesome! I'm hoping DirecTV will blow Time Warner away in price and service. Ended up going with the ATT bundle too.

The R22 sounds like it has a lot of bells and whistles... (which is great for my inner geek)

The R22 has native support for the Linksys WGA600N wireless game adapter, you can get this at BestBuy, DirecTV, Amazon and other places. Of course you also need a wireless router in your network that it will connect back to, needs to be at least an 802.11g standard. You can also use other wireless adapters, just need to first configure it via a PC for your network and then connect it to the R22.

An alternative is to use wireless powerline adapters, which DirecTV also sells or you can purchase elsewhere. No configuration needed for those, but for best performance both ends of the connection need to be plugged into outlets on the same phase of the electrical service (ie both are plugged into circuits on either the right or left side of the breaker panel).

Sorry, don't know, never tried one. Doesn't hurt to just try it anyway. I think if you can get it to work using a PC to connect to your network then just moving it over to the R22 should also work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)