program guide all read TBA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

4issquared

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2005
Hi, for the last 2 days my program guide has To Be Announced on all channels. I pulled the access card, and unplugged and still no programming info is being loaded. All channels tune in okay, just don't know what's on. Any hints on how to restore the guide? Please and thank you. I have an older round dish and an SD motorola STB. Thanx again.

This happens on my old samsung receiver sometimes. You have to unplug the receiver and let it stand for 15 minutes. Plug it back in and it will attempt to download the guide. It can take a day or two before all of the guide is back, but the current hour should show up. Failing that, an upgrade might be in order.

Not looking to hijack the thread but we've seen odd things on our progam guide the last 2 days also. The times are way off. For example, instead of showing 7 PM right now it's showing 2 AM.

This happens on my old samsung receiver sometimes. You have to unplug the receiver and let it stand for 15 minutes. Plug it back in and it will attempt to download the guide. It can take a day or two before all of the guide is back, but the current hour should show up. Failing that, an upgrade might be in order.

Thank you for your response, I unplugged it for a few hours and got 3 hours of programming back. So, I am optimistic that the rest will come back. Thanx again. :up

Thank you for your response, I unplugged it for a few hours and got 3 hours of programming back. So, I am optimistic that the rest will come back. Thanx again. :up

Yes , the unplug issue, longer than briefly will have the unit reset , your programming guide will populate from that point.
If you have 3 days worth now (last night) you will have the 14 day guide within 24 hours (sometimes for some reason it's 13 days) , anyways, you should be good to go.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)