Program Guide For Voom Problem

Are ALL the Voom channels repeating every 2-4 hours? I don't watch any others than Monsters so I wouldn't know for sure.

I can't speak about all of the channels, but Filmfest definitely is, as has been at least back to midday Thursday. There seems to be a new pair of movies every 24 hours, or so, but nothing that matches the on screen guide.

I just got a response from DISH and they stated that they have no control over what VOOM shows. Hmmm... I thought DISH acquired VOOM.
Typical BS like everytime I call.

I am fed up with all the lies and secrecy about the future plans.
I switched to DISH for the Tulsa HD channels which were announced (and they now have no plans to implement) and the VOOM channels.
I'll have to see what D* can do for me if I go back.

This VOOM change is all about money. It is obvious to anyone who knows about royalty fees for broadcast, etc.

Maybe they are trying to save money to get new HD provider contracts? Who knows!

Phillip - you are an incredibly tolerant and patient person.

I have been travelling all day, or I would have called Dish earlier to complain about the looping pairs of movies, totally deviating from the published schedules for at least the last two days, but after reading your chat with them, I may just wait, and let it sort itself out.

I don't have the patience to go through all of that misdirected nonsense, and be as polite about it, as you were. I would have been chewing nails by the end of the exchange. I've got to believe this Voom programming mess will explode, or get fixed in the next couple of days.

yeah i was tabbing doing other stuff for that whole conversation, it took i kid you not 30 min. for that little piece back ther!

The EPG for all the channels is provided by Tribune.

There is nothing up/wrong with Voom, other than the guide is off. Voom is not repeating any more than usual. Voom repeats as mush as MHD, HGTV HD, Food HD, HDNet Movies, etc.

This conspiracy stuff is amusing.

I just got a response from DISH and they stated that they have no control over what VOOM shows. Hmmm... I thought DISH acquired VOOM.
Typical BS like everytime I call.

I am fed up with all the lies and secrecy about the future plans.
I switched to DISH for the Tulsa HD channels which were announced (and they now have no plans to implement) and the VOOM channels.
I'll have to see what D* can do for me if I go back.

This VOOM change is all about money. It is obvious to anyone who knows about royalty fees for broadcast, etc.

Maybe they are trying to save money to get new HD provider contracts? Who knows!

Then switch.

There is nothing up/wrong with Voom, other than the guide is off. Voom is not repeating any more than usual. Voom repeats as mush as MHD, HGTV HD, Food HD, HDNet Movies, etc.

I beg to dffer. the guide appears to me to be correct, but Filmfest has instead been alternating 2 movies repeatedly each day since last Thursday for approximately 24 hours in each cycle. That cycle is absurdly repetitive, and not at all consistent with the programming that preceded it. As it stands at this moment, it is all but worthless for viewing, and impossible to schedule for recording. A sampling of other Voom channels that I don't regularly watch appears to show the same problems. Something is seriously wrong at Voom.

I don't know about the conspiracy theories. I suppose it is natural to speculate as to the causes whenever something like this happens, where we don't have any idea what is going on internal to Voom.

You my friend are wrong. Compare the PDF Monsters HD schedule on the second page of this thread. Look at the listings from 11/1/08 - 11/14/07. Now compare that to 11/15/07 onward. They ALL of a sudden scaled back the content. I don't mind repeats but hell every 2 hours?

Trust me I know. Monsters is on in my household 24/7. They lost a lot of content and thus far I'm not happy about it.

Doesn't matter if there's a conspiracy or not. Something big is or will go down, and at the very least it deserves a press release to notify customers.

I seem to remember back in the old days when Voom was a DBS, they had similar programming practices. Some channels would have 2 or 3 movies a day that repeated in a loop all day. The next day would be two new movies. They eventually switched to the type of schedules we're now used to seeing. Anyone else remember this?

I got an email confirmation from a programming executive at DISH. He said that the problem should be resolved 'this week'.

I'm not sure if he's referring to the Guide issue or the non-stop repeats. I did not want to pursue further at this time as he took the time to answer my email on Sunday morning.

Stay tuned!

With Monsters' schedule availabe on their website (the one linked to earlier in this thread), I'm guessing he means the guide and not the repeats. Which is unacceptable.

I got an email confirmation from a programming executive at DISH. He said that the problem should be resolved 'this week'.

I'm not sure if he's referring to the Guide issue or the non-stop repeats. I did not want to pursue further at this time as he took the time to answer my email on Sunday morning.

Stay tuned!

At least Dish has acknowledged their ownership of the problem.

It will be very interesting to see which way it goes, but given the existence of the Monster HD schedule file, I'm inclined to believe that they are going to the repetitive, alternating programs as a cost-saving measure, rather than maintain the more diverse program mix they had until this last Thursday. Sure hope I'm wrong, but if they do go that way, it will substantially degrade the value of their programming, IMHO.

Conspiracy!!!

Man, I come here as a new person to share my opinion and what I have found about a problem and now I am accused of being some kind of idiot who says there is a conspiracy.

If you have worked for large corporations most of your life, you know that the employees and consumers are the last people to know.
I went home one day after work and found that my company had went bankrupt (evening news). Then a few months later, I showed up for work and found that I had been laid off.

I am NOT saying conspiracy, but the fact that we won't know anything until after it is over because they don't want us to know. I have found that E* is much more tight-lipped about future plans than D* was while I was a subscriber to their service.

Enough said. I guess there is no place on the internet left where there are not people who like to be mean. :(

markmad: I think the folks that were being condescending weren't in full possession of the facts. I actually think every point you made has merit if you take a close enough look.

I hardly ever watched Voom until recently when I started watching the CFL again or I would have never noticed the guide being out of sync, and then I kept getting Beach Soccer on Worldsport instead of football so I figured something was up. I wish they would consolidate Voom down to about 4 channels if they are going to start getting this repetitive, then they could add SciFi and USA hd.