Program Guide For Voom Problem

markmad: I think the folks that were being condescending weren't in full possession of the facts. I actually think every point you made has merit if you take a close enough look.

Thanks and that is exactly what I was thinking.
I will be the first to admit I watch TOO much TV and saw the exact patterns of what was happening.
I don't think all the people posting are reading the whole thread about the MonstersHD schedule being changed, posts disallowed on the website, etc.

I've only been watching the VOOM networks since Feb. of this year and they NEVER repeated the same 2 or 3 movies for a 24 hour period.

MonstersHD changing their online pdf schedule in the middle of the month is the kicker for me.

All I ask is that people read the whole thread and do a little research before trying to make someone look bad. I DID research and I have some background with royalty payments. MOST of the movies being repeated do not cost near as much as some of the ones which were previously scheduled to air.

We will just have to wait and see what happens. :confused:

markmad999 - I know there were a couple of responses to your input that were pretty condescending, but it is becoming more apparent that there is something currently wrong with the programming at Voom, and they will eventually come to that conclusion, if they will take the time to really explore the problem.

I think you will find that most folks on this forum are generally pretty respectful and helpful, especially with newbies like us, and even when their opinons differ. I hope you can look past an occasional hostile comment.

Not only are they repeating two, but the two they are repeating are largely crap compared to what they used to cycle through (cheaper royalties, as markmad999 said). Looks like they're determined to have no one watching. Sad. And these channels were one of the reasons I stayed with the service. I'm probably shopping elswhere soon.

I contacted Dish Network tonight, and they said they were aware of the Voom program schedule problem and actively working on it. I politely pointed out that among the services that I am paying for, correct program information is important to me. They cheerfully offered me a $10 credit, and said that if the situation was not resolved in the next couple of days, to call back and they would credit my account an additional amount. I really like a number of the Voom channels, and I hope this gets fixed.
Steve

well.........been reading all this with great interest due to the fact that when we engaged u-verse we kept dish specifically for our addiction to the voom channels............they are absolutely, our favorites..................so, we called at&t (a waste of time, of course)....dish (another waste of time).......voom.....rainbow media.......& tribune media (they compile & distribute the guide to interested parties)......we called operations, customer service, programming, public relations, voom tech center, amusement media features division, & something called national or network products group (not sure which, now).........the appropriate & interested? departments of each .........very dizzy from all of it............what did we find out?........nada.............all these techs, engineers, executives, assistants, receptionists, managers, supervisors, etc either knew absolutely nothing about it (after five days?)......could care less......asked moronic &/or irrelevant questions........or talked to us like guidance counselors...........amazing.........some also spoke to us with a considerable amount of condecension............all this, coupled with the big announcement by SBC about the "new" AT&T the other day (having completed their acquisition of at&t) & the wild increase of dish stock plus their determination (apparently) to acquire dish by the end of the year leads us to believe this is very possibly a mutiny or revolt on the part of voom, for reasons that are, as yet, unclear to us peons.............also, we find it quite amazing that reporters in this industry are completely uninterested about all of it......................what's next..........cats & dogs living together!!.........................i think this is a pre-curser to the end of the world as we know.......................if anyone wants their phone numbers, we would be happy to provide them................maybe someone else will have better luck finding out what in the be-jesus is going on..........thank you for your time, brothers & sisters................love, Bernard.

oh yeah..............one more thing..........you are all not exactly powerless to respond to this corporate bullying.............hit them where it hurts............demand monetary remuneration for this betrayal (actually, contractual bad faith).............if we complain enough & it costs them money (lions & tigers & wolves, oh no!) maybe we won't feel like innocent bystanders in this corporate tug-of-war..............up the consumer!.......down with the suits!

wow..................no sense of humor here...........i take it comedy central is not your favorite channel.

wow..................no sense of humor here...........i take it comedy central is not your favorite channel.

You take it right.

I'm old, and I haven't had a good laugh since the Carter administration - can you help me out by telling me which post I should have found hilarious?

Voom now has this announcement on their website:
"Please be advised that VOOM is aware of the current discrepancies between our on-air programming and our posted schedules. We are addressing the situation and are working to correct this matter as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience."
In red letters even.
Steve

The program guide is updated now, but we get 2 or 3 movies per day repeated for a 24 hour period. It's nearly all low budget stuff that costs a LOT less to broadcast than the big studio films.

It's just not worth it to me anymopre. Wish I had more choices in my area.

Well, the Dish schedule now matches the actual programming, pathetic as it has become. At least I had about a month of interesting stuff on Filmfest on my new contract with Dish, but now it looks as if I will rarely be watching it - too bad.

My next door neghbor is considering Dish, and waiting for my advice, but I can no longer recommend it to him. Voom, at least a couple of the channels, were a positive to me, along with a superior DVR, which offset the obvious advantages of Direct TV, but that is lost to me now.

well.........been reading all this with great interest due to the fact that when we engaged u-verse we kept dish specifically for our addiction to the voom channels............they are absolutely, our favorites..................so, we called at&t (a waste of time, of course)....dish (another waste of time).......voom.....rainbow media.......& tribune media (they compile & distribute the guide to interested parties)......we called operations, customer service, programming, public relations, voom tech center, amusement media features division, & something called national or network products group (not sure which, now).........the appropriate & interested? departments of each .........very dizzy from all of it............what did we find out?........nada.............all these techs, engineers, executives, assistants, receptionists, managers, supervisors, etc either knew absolutely nothing about it (after five days?)......could care less......asked moronic &/or irrelevant questions........or talked to us like guidance counselors...........amazing.........some also spoke to us with a considerable amount of condecension............all this, coupled with the big announcement by SBC about the "new" AT&T the other day (having completed their acquisition of at&t) & the wild increase of dish stock plus their determination (apparently) to acquire dish by the end of the year leads us to believe this is very possibly a mutiny or revolt on the part of voom, for reasons that are, as yet, unclear to us peons.............also, we find it quite amazing that reporters in this industry are completely uninterested about all of it......................what's next..........cats & dogs living together!!.........................i think this is a pre-curser to the end of the world as we know.......................if anyone wants their phone numbers, we would be happy to provide them................maybe someone else will have better luck finding out what in the be-jesus is going on..........thank you for your time, brothers & sisters................love, Bernard.

Can we all chip in to get Bernard a new keyboard? His ENTER and SHIFT keys are broken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)