Program Guide For Voom Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I finally stuggled through and read that entire post by Bernard. Got a much needed, good laugh for this somewhat rough Monday :) (Just got back from the dentist :eek:)

I have been watching the program guide with interest and basically is all you can do these days with these movie channels. It seems like Monsters HD has days when they are 2 movies per day and other days when there are more. It is in an alternating cycle but basically you see the very repeats that you saw some time ago.

Filmfest has become 2 movies per day. I have been trying to see if there were more but it looks like that's it folks!. Kungfu the same. WorldCinema is more on an alternating schedule it looks or I just haven't watched it long enough.

November was a bad month for these movie channels. they showed very little content. I do not think a few of us would mind combining them all into one. It couldn't hurt. At least Dish could not claim that they do not have bandwith to add Scifi-hd. BTW, I had such an incredible laugh about Bernard's two post. It was amazing! :D

At least Dish has acknowledged their ownership of the problem.

It will be very interesting to see which way it goes, but given the existence of the Monster HD schedule file, I'm inclined to believe that they are going to the repetitive, alternating programs as a cost-saving measure, rather than maintain the more diverse program mix they had until this last Thursday. Sure hope I'm wrong, but if they do go that way, it will substantially degrade the value of their programming, IMHO.

Dish does not own VOOM. Nor do they own the company (Tribune Media Corporation) that supplies the Guide data. All they can do is ask each to correct the problem.

Dish did acquire a piece of Voom (as much as 20% was reported) but Voom is owned and operated by Rainbow Media a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation. Seperately they bought the satellite, frequency rights and uplink equipment that the former Voom Satellite broadcasting was using.

Dish does not own VOOM. Nor do they own the company (Tribune Media Corporation) that supplies the Guide data. All they can do is ask each to correct the problem.

Dish did acquire a piece of Voom (as much as 20% was reported) but Voom is owned and operated by Rainbow Media a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation.

I never said that Dish owned Voom, but they deliver the product they we pay them for, and at least share ownership of the problem when quality falls below an acceptable level over an extended period. It falls upon them to work with their suppliers to resolve the problems.

Last edited:
I already posted this in the Monsters thread, but this one seems to have more traffic...

It LOOKS like things are going back to "normal" December 1st. Plenty of movies on Monsters- mostly the same old same old...though I don't recall ever seeing Rosemary's Baby listed before. Looks like 4 or 5 a day on Kung Fu and Film Fest.

World Cinema is the exception...looks like it might even be worse. 2 Movies repeated for about THIRTY SIX hours at one point.

Who knows if these listings are even right, though. One indication there might still be something wrong...on Friday, 11/30, Monsters has the following schedule...
7:00pm- Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla
8:35pm- Piranha
10:15pm- The White Buffalo- (With Charles Bronson as Wild Bill Hickock)
11:55pm- Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla
1:15am- Piranha
2:55am- Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla

After that, there are 22 movies before anything repeats! But I kinda doubt they are really showing a Bronson western.

I already posted this in the Monsters thread, but this one seems to have more traffic...

It LOOKS like things are going back to "normal" December 1st. Plenty of movies on Monsters- mostly the same old same old...though I don't recall ever seeing Rosemary's Baby listed before. Looks like 4 or 5 a day on Kung Fu and Film Fest.

World Cinema is the exception...looks like it might even be worse. 2 Movies repeated for about THIRTY SIX hours at one point.

Who knows if these listings are even right, though. One indication there might still be something wrong...on Friday, 11/30, Monsters has the following schedule...
7:00pm- Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla
8:35pm- Piranha
10:15pm- The White Buffalo- (With Charles Bronson as Wild Bill Hickock)
11:55pm- Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla
1:15am- Piranha
2:55am- Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla

After that, there are 22 movies before anything repeats! But I kinda doubt they are really showing a Bronson western.

The White Buffalo has been on Monsters before. Probably a bout 2 or 3 months ago.

IMDB describes it as - "In this strange western version of JAWS, Wild Bill Hickok hunts a white buffalo he has seen in a dream."

Keeping my fingers crossed the onscreen guide is correct (this time) and that things are going back to "normal" on December 1st...

Dish network sells their subscribers VOOM, so it is in their interest, and their obligation to get this straightened out with VOOM management. If Monsters HD isn't back to the pre November schedule by January, alot of Dish subscribers are going to be cancelling the VHD package....not a very good buisness move for E*

Dish network sells their subscribers VOOM, so it is in their interest, and their obligation to get this straightened out with VOOM management. If Monsters HD isn't back to the pre November schedule by January, alot of Dish subscribers are going to be cancelling the VHD package....not a very good buisness move for E*

I didn't know that a customer could cancel their Voom Package.. Last I heard It just came in the HD Package. To cancel Voom you have to cancel HD.. Maybe those that got grandfathered into the Pre HDPAk could.. But somehow I don't see Voom loosing customer to people canceling the HDPak

I didn't know that a customer could cancel their Voom Package.. Last I heard It just came in the HD Package. To cancel Voom you have to cancel HD.. Maybe those that got grandfathered into the Pre HDPAk could.. But somehow I don't see Voom loosing customer to people canceling the HDPak
That is correct. If I could cancel Voom and save myself the $5, I most certainly would.

That is correct. If I could cancel Voom and save myself the $5, I most certainly would.

The problem is you could make that argument about a lot of channels that you don't want. I'd love to lose the shopping and religion channels, 95% of which I could get for free on a Ku-band dish if I wanted them. I'd also love to lose ESPN and its siblings, which cost real money and keep going up more and more.

The problem is you could make that argument about a lot of channels that you don't want. I'd love to lose the shopping and religion channels, 95% of which I could get for free on a Ku-band dish if I wanted them. I'd also love to lose ESPN and its siblings, which cost real money and keep going up more and more.
Sure there are other channels that I'd gladly dump too, but it's the fact that we used to have an option whether to pay the extra $5 for Voom, but now have no choice except for it to be bundled with the higher priced HD package.

Posting Complaints on Monsters HD Site

I must say I am getting a bit suspicious.
The comment board over at the MonstersHD website has disabled instant posting and it looks like the posts are being edited.
There is absolutely no comment about the same 2 movies showing since last night.

I know that I spent quite a while composing a posting on that very topic. I submitted it and waited. OK, I thought, they don't have instant posting. I checked back a week later - my post never appeared. There are, in fact, NO POSTINGS that reference this issue.

I switched from my local cable provider to satellite (DISH) for two reasons. First, there are channels accessible to DISH subscribers that are not available on cable - or Direct TV for that matter. (FSTV being one). Just as important to my decision to move to DISH was access to VOOM bc I wanted to received Monsters HD. (I am an old Horror Film buff... That means I am old and like horror flicks... :D). At first, it was great. Monsters showed an entire day of films and a repeat was unusual. In fact, they even had some of the great classics such as Dracula (1931) and Frankenstein (!931) and the original Frankenstein sequels. Also in that category was Wolf Man and its sequels.

Then, a few months ago, there were some real stunning program glitches. Monsters used to run a lot of Japanese flicks - Godzilla and its various permutations. And other Japanese monster flicks. I tuned in not just once to find the Japanese version playing - no subtitles. The first time this happened I thought: Gee, doesn't anyone NOTICE THIS? :eek: This would go on for hours without anyone intervening to correct the situation. This happened a number of times. I tried to post questions about this on the Monsters HD web site and my posts never did appear. It seems that everything hit the fan when Monsters dropped the Elvira fillers. (I am a woman who never understood the popularity of Elvira's commentary. But hey, even she was better than the present lineup). :shocked

Now that I hear that this is happening on other VOOM channels I wonder if DISH plans to drop the whole VOOM package. When it happened on Monsters HD they sure lost me as a patron. Running 2 or 3 (bad - mostly 1 or 2 star) movies back to back and then repeating them ad infinitum is the fastest means for chasing viewers away. If this is not the plan, the programming person should be fired. The ratings must be suffering. What media entity survives without viewers or fans? :what

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts