Program guide never good for more than 2-3 days?

bchandler02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
Been having a weird issue with my 722 for about a week now. Every afternoon the program guide only has 2-3 days of data in it. I scroll to the end and it asks if I want to download the new guide now, I say yes, and I have the usual 7-8 days. But then when I come back the next afternoon, I am back down to 2-3 days and have to manually download it again.

Anyone else having this problem? Is this an early sign of a reciever about to fail or anything I should be concerned with?

Thanks

Been having the exact same problem. Guide is downloading now. I will do a hard reboot to see if that fixes it.

I miss my 522. I had an option when choosing something to record from the guide to set my dvr to tv1 or tv2.

Make sure it is set to auto update at night. Hit menu and 8 for preferences. There should be one for scheduled update time

Make sure it is set to auto update at night. Hit menu and 8 for preferences. There should be one for scheduled update time

I had often wondered if the daily update (under "Preferences" in the menu) REALLY updates the program guide. Recently, I scrolled to the end of the guide, noted the farthest date/time and closed the guide. Under "Preferences" I set the update to occur within a couple of minutes, closed the menus, and waited. I got the on-screen prompt asking YES or NO or CANCEL for proceeding with the update; I clicked "yes". Receiver turned off then came back up with a message to not disturb or unplug the receiver duing update and to allow about 10 mins for this to complete. After the update completed and programming returned, I went back into the program guide and scrolled to the farthest time/date -- I found there was no change. I expected there to have been at least several hours or maybe a day added to the end of the guide. However, I have found that after I run a check switch that the guide does appear to update -- it does gain a few hours maybe even a day into the future. As they say, that's been my experience - your actual mileage may vary.

You have to be able to see the correct satellite for the 10 day guide. The western arc means seeing 110. The eastern arc is 72.7.

I had done a soft reboot (holding power button) a while back with no luck. A few days ago I did a hard reboot (pulled the plug) and it was back to normal.. for a few days. Now I'm back to having only 24-48 hours of guide data for the last few days, each day doing an update to get the full guide, and then it being gone the next day. Any other ideas? Why would it go from 10 days to 2? I understand if somehow an update was missed.. but if I had guide data for next Thursday as of last night, logic would say I would still have it today.

Any other ideas, or am I going to have to deal with Dish and do a swap?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)