Program guide problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigemma

Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Having a strange problem on my HD receiver. Several times a week, all the program guide information will be missing. In order to correct the problem, I have to reset the receiver either VIA the red pushbutton or a complete reset. This brings the guide info back in, however a day or two later, the same thing happens. So far DirecTV has been trying to fix the problem. The receiver, dish and cable have all been replaced at their expense. The last guy that came by and installed the new dish commented that Satellite 119 was partially blocked by trees, but he didn't know if this was the cause of the problem or not. I'm not sure what is broadcast over 119, but I seem to be getting all the programming that I have contracted for. Is the guide sent to the receiver VIA a transponder on 119? I'm about ready to chuck the HD system and go back to the little "round dish". Any help will be greatly appreciated.

the guide is on 101, so the tree isn't it.

Call and ask them to replace the receiver...be firm...they've already replaced everything else.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)