Program guide scrolling slow at night

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
I have this issue on my 722k and my parents have it as well at theirs on the 222.

The program guide reacts like 1-2 seconds after I push a button, but during the day it's fine. This mainly occurs in the evening hours.

Anyone else experience this issue?

Thank you

Temperature problem, check HDD temp (Menu-6-1-3 and page down numerous times).

OS going out in the weeds (power cord reboot).

It's just a bug that has been introduced in L662. Not sure why it happens, but simply pressing MENU - MENU (takes you to System Info) then CANCEL - CANCEL (turns off menus) on your remote should fix it.

Works on my two 722k's anyway.

Had that problem awhile ago, now last night resurfaced. Menu-Menu does do the trick, I do have the new software L667 and was hoping the new software would have a bug fix for that, I guess not!

Dangit. I'm still on L662 but I was hoping L664 would have fixed this issue. Then I heard it didn't, so I was hoping L665 would fix it. Then I heard it didn't, so I was hoping L667 would fix it. Then I now hear it doesn't. What the heck how can they leave out fixing such an annoying and nearly crippling bug, as it makes browsing some menus extremely slow, mainly the program guide. I just keep telling everyone in all the topics I see about this about the fix I found but there are tons of people that don't know about this fix.

Ugh, could be worse I suppose. Pressing MENU - MENU - CANCEL - CANCEL is pretty quick and painless to fix it, but for those who don't know about the fix, I can see how frustrating this bug would be.

Other than that my 722k's are very reliable, especially compared to the U-verse DVR I previously owned. Though I would still say my old DISH DVR 625 was a tad more reliable than the 722k, however the lack of HD on the 625 just doesn't cut it for me.

I'm on L667 and this problem has started happening. I remember this happening one other time, and didn't think to look in the forums.

Menu-Menu-Cancel-Cancel works to move around in the guide with the arrows a little quicker, but pressing Guide takes some time and also Page Up and Page Down take some time as well.

Any other ideas?

MENU - MENU - CANCEL - CANCEL has always worked for me on both of my 722k's and sped up everything to normal.

Not sure why it doesn't work for one particular person, surely L667 didn't break it further (I'm still on L662) but if it did that's just yet another reason for me to dread the update.

I WAS looking forward to L667 but I'm hearing very mixed results out in the wild.

At any rate, just power cycle the receiver, should fix it, until the next time.

722k is by far my favorite DVR even with these relatively minor bugs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)