Program info on IA5 is showing up!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
I am listening to radio channels on IA-5, and I hit the "info" button on my new Neusat, and I have the following displayed " Shakespere and Shylock" then details on a program. I have not sen this before.

iafirebuff said:
I found more - it says "See BJHomeSat website for program times" Any idea what this is?
Someone pointed this out about the EPG working on BJ Home Sat yesterday or the day before. It was in the WUT section, so I won't say no more.

Al

Hehe - cool

I can see why you were intrigued. Not used to seeing that!

Attachments

• BJGuide.jpg
    BJGuide.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 217
a couple of the ethnic channels have an EPG too. Have no clue what it says (its one of those chinese type languages) :)

Can anyone with a Mercury II see the guide data? When I try to look I get nothing while looking at current listings. When I push the button to get extended listings, the receiver just locks up with a "Please Wait" banner. I waited about 30 minutes and nothing. Had to turn the receiver off and back on.

To see the data I tune one of the channels and bring up the guide. In a few seconds the guide data populated.

That's what I fugured. There must be a problem with the Mercury II software, or with my box. I don't see any guide data. When I hit the extended guide button, it locks up.

Those channels are normally scrambled, but they do show up FTA every once in awhile. I think I've seen EPG info even when they're scrambled. (There are a few channels on IA5 in some other language that are always scrambled, but show up on the EPG.)

It's home schooling programming from Bob Jones University. It was on Sky Angel (although I think for an additional fee) when Sky Angel first started, but they had some type of falling out.

Dr Gene has epg info running but all they have on there is current and next so its pretty useless, I do wish more channels used it (ones I could understand anyway:D )

It's home schooling programming from Bob Jones University. It was on Sky Angel (although I think for an additional fee) when Sky Angel first started, but they had some type of falling out.
Sky Angel only has 2 transponders so they probably decided not to carry it after a while and added other programming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)