Program Timers Online

MisterLas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Flemington, WV
Hey all,
This is my first real question on here. I have been following this site for a while now and always reading. (This is one of the 4 tabs that open with Firefox). But onto my question:

I just got my 722 to replace my 622 (got it hooked up last night). Loved my 622, looking forward to this one. I was on DishOnline today and noticed a banner advertising being able to program your timers online (I knew this feature was coming). I would really like to sign-up for this, but when I go to sign-up, it asks for an EchoStar Token. Anyone knows what this is?

Thanks, guys (and gals).
-Doug

I just spoke with Dish Tech Support and they have not been given any information on this. They had no idea about Echostar Token.

I understand testing/debuggin but do not splash a banner on the front of the page (dishonline.com) talking about it as if it is ready to go for the general dish owner

Well thanks for the quick replies. I cannot believe that would blast something like that out on dishonline with that little information available.

Did anyone else notice the banner above the login page?
Maybe there are some clues we need to follow. :rolleyes:

dishonline.jpg

lol

-Doug

Have you tried signing up for Dish Online from the main screen first? I haven't signed up for it yet nor have I connected my 722 to my network so I can't try that.

Hey all,
This is my first real question on here. I have been following this site for a while now and always reading. (This is one of the 4 tabs that open with Firefox). But onto my question:

I just got my 722 to replace my 622 (got it hooked up last night). Loved my 622, looking forward to this one. I was on DishOnline today and noticed a banner advertising being able to program your timers online (I knew this feature was coming). I would really like to sign-up for this, but when I go to sign-up, it asks for an EchoStar Token. Anyone knows what this is?

Thanks, guys (and gals).
-Doug

How do you access the timers?
My account is activated. I don't see were I can program this on the webpage?

ViP 622 AT250HD DPP 1000.2 L4.47 Net enabled
VIZIO VX42L LCD 720P HDTV
Zenith XBS344 DVD/VCR Surround Sound Audio Receiver
Panasonic DMR-E30 DVD Recorder
LG DN798 Up converting DVD Player
GoDVD CT-200 Video Enhancer (Digital Video Duplicator)
Duraband DWT1304 SD TV (Bedroom)
Colby 5” CX-TV6 TV Monitor
RF Modulator
3-way Digital Optical Switch
4-way AV Selector RS 15-1983
3-way RF Switch
External fan 120VAC 4" Fan RSModel: 273-241
APC Uninterruptible Power Supply

Yup, one more confirm after 15 minutes on the phone, Dish said it is in Beta and only for some users, He directly pointed at the word trial. He said that it has not yet rolled out for all vip receivers and has no idea when it will be available. Guess we just have to be patient.

Yup, one more confirm after 15 minutes on the phone, Dish said it is in Beta and only for some users, He directly pointed at the word trial. He said that it has not yet rolled out for all vip receivers and has no idea when it will be available. Guess we just have to be patient.

Is it setup from the webpage or the receiver?

That is fine that it is beta. But give these testers a special URL, not one directed to the general public.

That is fine that it is beta. But give these testers a special URL, not one directed to the general public.

It is not a special URL, by clicking on the links, I was directed to the login page, so I clicked sign-up hoping to become a tester, but it wants a token. Which, again, is what started this thread.

I just think it was stupid to blast a banner on dishonline enticing all of us to this cool new feature, only to dash our hopes by requiring some special key, with little information available also.