Programing Genie remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
Is there a site that explains how to set up the Genie Remote to operate my components ( Samsung TV, Blue Ray, and Yamaha Receiver) just using the Genie remote. My Harmony is dyeing Again!!! And they are getting way to expensive for a good one.

Thanks

Besides the Directv website I am not aware of any other sites. However programming your genie remote is straight forward by following the on screen menu instructions unsee the remote control tab. Be aware that you won't be able to program your blue ray player and control for your Yamaha audio receiver will be limited to just volume control. In order to to power on and off for you AVR you must rely on HDMI-CEC.

And the DirecTV remote is not a programmable universal remote, you need to spend the money on things like the Harmony to get that sort of capability.

Nevo C2 is just as good as or better than Harmony One, 650, 700 and only $16 on ebay. Program it via the web like Harmony or via Remote Master (much better). Check out the awesomeness:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-re...remote-control-wmc-roku-3-a.html#post36913554

It has built in codes for everything you listed, plus we have much more complete JP1 upgrades (with hundreds of discrete Yahama commands for example) you can load. The only gotcha is that Samsung TVs typically lack discrete power codes. So the power state tracking that Harmony had will be missing on the Nevo. There are workarounds (CEC, extra power toggle, etc.) if it becomes an issue.

Last edited:
Just get the old RC65RX style remote... You can easily do all that on that remote. The RC71 remote is a joke.

if you have a HR34, a RC65X or RC66X (or RX, or BRX) will program fairly easily. if you have a HR44 i dont believe the RX6_ series will set up and you'll have to go with another after market solution.

if you have a HR34, a RC65X or RC66X (or RX, or BRX) will program fairly easily. if you have a HR44 i dont believe the RX6_ series will set up and you'll have to go with another after market solution.

As noted in the above post, it will work but not in RF. I have used it this way on my HR44 since day 1. It works better than the RC71 and you can actually control other devices with it (channels on ota on tv, home theater receivers, etc etc.) not just the Genie and volume on tv only.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Problems with HR-34 and associated Genie Mini

Scripps Networks HD Out???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts