programing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pallmall

Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
Got a bit of a technical question. Is the extra charge for HD programing that D* charges really a transfer fee or something?? I mean if NBC or CBS broadcasts a program in HD format and you have an HD receiver hooked up why does D* charge you extra for the HD package?? If you had an analog antenna and bought a converter box and a HD receiver from Best Buy or somebody the programs would be free right??

Last edited:
I don't know the absolute answer, but I would guess they are trying to recover the expense of transmitting the same channel in two formats. Those Million Dollar Satellites aren't free ;)

The average home in the US still doesn't have an HDTV, which means it hasn't become the standard yet. Wait a few more years and I'd assume they build it into the package price.

IF your only concerned about the Network programming, YES, get an OTA antenna and hook it up to your HD TV with a digital tuner and your good to go.
The extra $ 10 fee I would imagine is more for the actual SAT channels than the Network stuff.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)