programming analog receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Hey guys, I just got a new orb-7500 (uniden) analog c-band receiver which is primarily going to be used to move my new Sami 8 foot dish.
I have read the owner's manual end to end and I am new to analog receivers

I know the mpeg-2 fta receiver in and out. (transponder frequency and symbol rate settings). On analog I know that there is no symbol rate since it treats a transponder as one channel.

My question is..... How do you program a transponder frequency into the orb-7500? It has no provisions for that. In the setup menu basically to summarize the process you just go into the programming screen, call a satellite position and hold the channel up or down button until it starts scanning and it stores the channel and position. Does this mean you do not have to be concerned with tp frequency?

Am I trying to complicate something that is not so complicated?
I would like to use this analog receiver for analog feeds and backhauls that are "in the clear". Plus I am slaving my fortec ultra lifetime to this for the DVB channels on C-band.

Does this thing work like programming an analog tv tuner where it basically just steps through the IF frequency coming from the lnbf at pre-determined intervals to search for the frequency with no provisions of displaying the frequency in mhz or ghz in the menu?

Please let me know? Thanks Guy :)

Just program sats and flick the channels, you should not need to do anything else, I don't have a Uniden in my hugh stack of old IRD's but it should work like the rest of them. You may not be able to get a perfect picture on some analog channels with the 8' only on the crowded part of the arc though, 8.5 is 2 deg complient, I hope the 8' will serve you good, have fun feed hunting :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)