wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
August 15th, 2012

As of 3:30 PM Central Time on August 14th, another company began using our toll free number illegally as a ghost or a spoof number. They have been placing fraudulent calls using our number as their caller ID. We have been receiving hundreds of calls and this is not allowing our programming customers to get through on our toll free number. You will be able to call us at 1-800-972-4117. You may also email us at srlpc@srlcd.com or reach us on our local line at 920-432-5777. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Ouch!

I hope they find the company and nail them.

They might, and they might even fine them. Then they'll pick another number, and go right back at it!

The REAL PROBLEM, is the people they call that are tricked or scammed into buying from them. As long as they make money, they have no incentive to ever stop.

Just got this email:

August 15th, 2012

As of 3:30 PM Central Time on August 14th, another company began using our toll free number illegally as a ghost or a spoof number. They have been placing fraudulent calls using our number as their caller ID. We have been receiving hundreds of calls and this is not allowing our programming customers to get through on our toll free number. You will be able to call us at 1-800-972-4117. You may also email us at srlpc@srlcd.com or reach us on our local line at 920-432-5777. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you for your business,

Tim Mancoske
920-432-5777 ext 136

Cora Parmentier
920-432-5777- ext 134

Satellite Receivers LTD.
Programming Center

www.programming-center.net

This is an important info., but should this be in the C-band Forum?

The only two places I could think of were cband or mapmaster. So I thought the cband fourm would be best since it was merged with the old 4dtv section.

The only two places I could think of were cband or mapmaster. So I thought the cband fourm would be best since it was merged with the old 4dtv section.

Instead of merging I think the 4DTV section should have just had a name change to Hits2Home Via 4DTV or something.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)