Programming help?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
Ok, so here is my small dilemma--and of course, I can't get a single CSR on the phone or online to answer my question without telling me to go on a contract for 24 months. They are useless but you all are not, so here goes...

This Saturday, I am getting UVerse installed. I just simply want to try UVerse out for a month or two. The only way I am going to keep UVerse is if I actually like it. So, while having UVerse, whats the lowest programming I can downgrade to with Dish without completely suspending or cancelling the service?

With Dish, I currently have... Classic Gold 250 w/locals, Gold + Platinum HD, and then I have the Penny for a year Cinemax deal, and then I am getting HBO, Showtime, Starz free for 3 months due to a Executive Level Team mistake for my inconveniece and also getting a $5 a month discount from Club Dish. And I am also receiving LA HD Locals from AAD.

What can I downgrade to without losing the 3 months of Premium channel credits or the Club Dish credits or without losing the HD LA Locals from AAD?

AT&T Uverse has everything I watch but I am not sure if I will like the service so I don't want to lose what I have with Dish, unless UVerse really sells me on it, nor do I want to pay for UVerse and Dish together that would be over $250-300 for the next month that I don't want to spend.

And I am not under any contract with Dish, and I own my own Dish equipment.

Thanks for any input.

The AAD channels are totally irrelevant to the situation since they are not a Dish product. You would have to either cancel them and reactivate when you start back up or just pay for them for that month.

If you suspend the account (vacation it), you pay 5.00 for it and if I remember correctly, when you reactivate you keep the current package as long as you are not on a grandfathered plan

My sister went with U-Verse after Dish really pissed her off when she moved. She didn't want to do Dish-mover at the time, they claimed she was under contract which she was NOT. Took her 2 hours of phone time aggravation to get it straightened out. Funny thing is, she loved Dish and would have continued with 'em when she got settled after the move. Anyhoo, bottom line is she's had U'verse for a little over 2 months and loves it! I was there on her install day & her installer was absolutely outstanding. Has it for 2 HD & 2 SD TVs. Only downside I can see is she can only control/record live TV from one location.
Good luck with your experiment.

Ed

The AAD channels are totally irrelevant to the situation since they are not a Dish product. You would have to either cancel them and reactivate when you start back up or just pay for them for that month.

If you suspend the account (vacation it), you pay 5.00 for it and if I remember correctly, when you reactivate you keep the current package as long as you are not on a grandfathered plan

So basically, the boxes will still let me view the AAD LA HD locals if I suspend the Dish account right?

That could be a plus!!

I figured the box would show not authorized if the account was suspended whether or not AAD was paid up to date or not...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts