Please reply by conversation.

Annie61

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 14, 2008
Agawam Ma
Hi, I am new to DirectTV, jumped ship from the other guys. Had install today, went wonderful. So far I am still trying to figure out the new channel line-up :D I have the Premier pack which lists a LOT of sports channels. I live in Ma. I thought the way the line up was printed I was getting them all. They ARE called Regional Sports packs, but I thought since they were listed I was getting them all. I have been trying to go through them but I can't see a rhyme or reason to which ones I get. I do get my most important. NESN but thought it would be cool to see outside my area ballgames. Should I be getting them all or was that wishful thinking?
Thanks so much if anyone can help me.

In regard to the sports pack for pro sports you would get what ever you local regional sports network would be. The other rsn's would be blacked out when pro sports are on. Though when there are college games, and some local produced rsn shows you would be able to see those

Sports pack is a nice add during fall if you are a college football fan

Thank you so much!! Geez I was much to wordy in my original post!
Thanks for clearing that up for me! :)

Also Annie,
If you want the MLB games outside of your local teams, you will need to look into the MLB Extra Innings package.

Also Annie,
If you want the MLB games outside of your local teams, you will need to look into the MLB Extra Innings package.

I think you can subsribe (pro-rated) to MLB Extra Innings for the remaining half of the 2012 season.

Thank you both! and I'll look into that to see if I can get it pro-rated!

Sports pack is pretty useless for pro sports. The underlying packages like Sunday ticket, league pass etc are all going to be better for pro games that are out of your local area.

Where sports pack shines is for college sports. Since black out rules don't apply you can view them from anywhere without a special bundles package.

Sports pack is pretty useless for pro sports. The underlying packages like Sunday ticket, league pass etc are all going to be better for pro games that are out of your local area.

Where sports pack shines is for college sports. Since black out rules don't apply you can view them from anywhere without a special bundles package.

For Annie,
During the fall, the Sports pack covers MAINLY the Pac 10, IF thats your conference then it's a GREAT deal, otherwise, you may find your needed team it the Packages.

Status
Please reply by conversation.