Programming the H20 Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dandean

Original poster
May 1, 2007
I want to program my remote to operate a 5-year old Toshiba television set. I went through all the steps on screen and, sure enough, it will program the volume control of the TV set, but not the on/off.

I want to be able to turn on BOTH the receiver and the TV set at the single press of a button. Am I missing something? Why won't the on/off function, yet the volume can be controlled perfectly using the remote?

(BTW, I stepped through all the codes listed for Toshiba on screen, and was the same each time)

I want to program my remote to operate a 5-year old Toshiba television set. I went through all the steps on screen and, sure enough, it will program the volume control of the TV set, but not the on/off.

I want to be able to turn on BOTH the receiver and the TV set at the single press of a button. Am I missing something? Why won't the on/off function, yet the volume can be controlled perfectly using the remote?

(BTW, I stepped through all the codes listed for Toshiba on screen, and was the same each time)

You can try the"search" feature to try and find another code that might work.But it is possible cause it happened with my uncle and his new Magnavox HDTV where the remote will not work with the "one button" power feature.Good Luck!.:):welcome

I realize that I'm bringing a post back from the dead here, but has anyone ever solved this? I'm having the same problem.

My TV responds to the Power button (when remote is switched to TV) but not to the On or Off buttons.

For a toshiba try codes 10765 & 11656 to get the ON & OFF keys to work. If you use code 10765, you will lose the input command, 11656 should give ON & OFF and input commands. Of course the input key has to be programmed in, but only once no matter how many codes you try, using 960 procedure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nascar HotPass - Now 13 drivers / Voting information

Dish Sub May Switch To DirecTv...Pros and Cons Please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)