prolly a stupid question.....

slabo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
central illinois
pretty new here and to dish....i tried to search for this but couldnt find it. ok, is it possible to add a dish and receiver at another residence but have it on the same account i have now and have them both active at the same time? would it share the same package i have or would it need its own? if so, how would i go about doing that. if not, sorry for the odd question. thanks in advance for the help.

dish will allow you to do this as long as you just do 1 reciever.. and it has to be your summer home or camper. it canot be primary residency for someone like your friend or family. but you MUST let dish know that you are using the other recievver at summer home or camper.

i might be wrong on this but i had truck driver who wanted extra reciever setup that way. so i called csr and they told me he can do it as long as it summer home, camper. not primary residence by someone other than him.

dish will allow you to do this as long as you just do 1 reciever.. and it has to be your summer home or camper. it canot be primary residency for someone like your friend or family. but you MUST let dish know that you are using the other recievver at summer home or camper.

i might be wrong on this but i had truck driver who wanted extra reciever setup that way. so i called csr and they told me he can do it as long as it summer home, camper. not primary residence by someone other than him.

This is incorrect, they require a second account which may be paused at your request. You need to own your equipment at the second home or there is a limit to the number of times you may pause the account.

They USED TO allow the second vacation location, but no more. They now require a second account. When they changed that rule, there was great gnashing of teeth.

If you disconnect a receiver from you main home, esp if it's a single tuner model, and carry it back and forth with you, and it's not away too long, you will probably have no problems.

And I suppose those people who have "moved" are just complete criminals... Cut the guy some slack for asking a question...
What the HELL does "moving" have anything to do with what the OP asked?????? He asked about ADDING A SECOND receiver and dish to the SAME ACCOUNT but at a SECOND RESIDENCE!!!! To me that sounds like account stacking period. He didn't say a vacation home or just changing an address to get some locals.
Also this subject is all over this board, cant understand why it couldn't have been found.
Sorry for the attitude.

slabo, What you describe is not allowed and indeed does require a complete separate account. There are some "if and's and but's" - however your description of having both houses active at the same time is not really a possibility while still being legal.

You may want to do search of these forums about "vacation homes" or "RV waivers" for some of the possible exceptions.

What he is asking sounds like a customer i just had..the guy has his own account and then set one up for his mother.... 2 separate accounts, with 2 separate residential address, 2 separate programming packages..1 account name and 1 account billing address( ie. the bill is sent to him)

pretty new here and to dish....i tried to search for this but couldnt find it. ok, is it possible to add a dish and receiver at another residence but have it on the same account i have now and have them both active at the same time? would it share the same package i have or would it need its own? if so, how would i go about doing that. if not, sorry for the odd question. thanks in advance for the help.
Time to let the cat out of the bag...
This is not uncommon...For example...I have installed many primary residence accounts. These same customers have a weekend or vacation home . They would like to watch a little tv on rainy days or the evening news with their dinner while at the weekender. They simply buy another dish ,have it installed on the second home and bring a receiver with them to that second home when they travel. No big deal.
Now ,to be fair. If you are planning on installing additional equipment at a second permanent residence for the purpose of savving the expense of a second account, that is a no no..please do not do this...This is the same thing as you will see later in this thread as "moving". That is falsifying a service address in order to receive local channels one is not entitled to.
Both these activities are considered by Dish to be fraud.
Good luck!!

Technically it is NEVER allowed. But they do not enforce it in the situation you describe.

thanks for all the responses. the second location was for a family member. i wasnt trying to be sneaky or do something illegal, i just wondered if i was able to do it, and i found that the answer is no. so thanks again for all the feedback.

The short answer is yes it can be done. No it is not allowed. It is against the terms of service in the residencial service agreement. You can look it up on their web site. If Dish finds out about it or your account is audited, they will cut off all your receivers.

See ya
Tony