Promo expiration NAG --on EVERY channel?

catnap1972

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 26, 2004
Central Pennsylvania
Anyone seeing a pop-up message every so often saying "We hope you've enjoyed this programming which is expiring in three days"? I'd assume it's for the expiring HBO/Cinemax channels from the promo last year, but the message is turning up EVERYWHERE (seen it on PixL, Food Network, and a few others). Granted a quick click gets rid of it, but it's annoying. WTF is going on?

They are set to auto-shutoff at the end of your promo term so they are just making sure you are aware that it will go bye-bye unless you want to continue them.

Had this two weeks ago, didnt have the hbo cinemax promo. It said expiring in 3 days for about 4 days. I contacted dish on online chat and within 24 hours it was gone. No idea why it was happening.

And he could not figure that out on his own!!!

In his first posting the OP does know that it is because his HBO/Cinemax free promo is ending, His question is why the notice is annoyingly showing up on OTHER channels. Read it and weep.

And I explained why, like when MY 3 Mos. HBO expired, and I got the same thing. And guess what...I decided to continue with the new Dustin Hoffman/Luck series coming on. Read it and weap.

Last edited:
I got the message in early January, yet the only promo programming I had was Epix, which according to my account on the web, it was expiring in early FEB. 3 days went by and nothing happened, and I still have Epix. Go figure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)