props to dtv and my new install!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mots-a

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
the past 2 days here in Maryland have been nothing but rain, heavy rain, and rain, tonight in my area we got a streight out downpour, I haven't had 1 drop out of signal, I got the 721 message tonight when I was getting massive rain and never lost signal. turning the channel was slower but I could still could watch tv In a major down pour something I couldn't do for 10 to 15 minutes with my old setup.

either this hr44 is really delayed or my new swm dish is 100 times better then my old 5lnb dish.

I don't know. I can tell you this, if I go two years like I am now I will lifetime directv!

very very small pixelation but nothing like I had in the past.

I'm drinking the kool aid hopefully I can say the same a year from now:).
compared to my last 10 years this is the best setup I have ever had!

thanks
and thanks to dtv

In South Florida and got setup in late August. I've been through some of Florida's notorious summer storms and have lost signal only twice for a few minutes. I too have experienced torrential rain at times and when I expect to lose signal it doesn't. Some of the times I plug out the equipment as a precaution as we get really bad lightening storms here. So maybe I am losing signal more often than I can tell, but if I was with Dish or cable I would still be plugging out their equipment during these lightening storms. But coming from Dish, I definitely lost signal quicker and more frequently in rain than I'm experiencing now.

While some of of this may be due to new equipment, you also need to give the props to your installer that did his/her job and made sure your new dish was aimed properly. A majority of signal loss is due to a poorly aimed dish ,that was "good enough" to get a signal in clear skies,but the signal will not be strong enough if you have any interference,like clouds.

While some of of this may be due to new equipment, you also need to give the props to your installer that did his/her job and made sure your new dish was aimed properly. A majority of signal loss is due to a poorly aimed dish ,that was "good enough" to get a signal in clear skies,but the signal will not be strong enough if you have any interference,like clouds.

Good point. I did give him good ratings, even called Customer Service after realizing I answered some of the questions on the phone survey incorrectly. Wasn't the most friendliest of installer I've dealt with but he did know his stuff, which is what counts most I guess. He even gave me his cell number and told me to call him first if any trouble within the first 30 days of the install. Definitely feeling the first rate service difference from Direct over other providers I've had over the years.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directv active won't work on genie mini

Question About "moving" from NY to Scranton Locals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)