directv active won't work on genie mini

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
We had a storm on Sunday that knocked out my satellite. Support had me unplug the power and let it reset both receivers. Before doing this I could access the active features like weather, etc on both the genie and genie mini. Now I can ONLY access the active features on the genie. Also now the genie mini lags horribly. How can I fix this?

Try a double reset, one right after the other.

that worked but it would be a pain to continually have to reset each receiver. What should I do if this happens again. I have the huge genie receiver HR 34-700

I don't know if there is another way to fix it other than the double reset.

ok why is the genie mini lagging? It takes about 90 seconds to 2 minutes to load the active pages while the genie loads them within 30 seconds. Same with channels. Genie loads them instantly but the mini takes about 30 seconds of a blank white screen.

I have read that the mini Genies are slow. I don't think there is any way around it unless you get an H/HR model to replace it.

do the hs or hrs offer directv active or the applications? What about whole home dvr and how much will it cost me to switch? I had to pay $198 for the genie and genie mini.

The H/HR boxes have everything the Genie has except only one or two tuners and no pip.

I like being able to record 5 shows at once but still trying to figure out pip. Can get it running just can't figure out how to switch between screens with universal remote. Sad thing I don't remember having these lags before the phone support had me unplug the box because the severe storm knocked out my signal.

for the lagging on the mini-genies, try holding the power button (the directv symbol on the front of it) for 15 seconds, then letting it go. it will reset. This will restore factory defaults. If theres a software glitch, that will fix it. Try it on one of them and see if it resolves the problem. If it does, do the same thing on the other.
Note: You wont see any kind of indication that anything is happening while your holding the button. Just time it. 15 seconds, then let go.

Ok. Before during lical on the 8s my weather would overlay the national graphics. How do I restore this and was I supposed to see through the overlay graphics

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts