Protection Plan going up $2/month

Status
Please reply by conversation.
14 years with D* and you never had a recvr issue, rplcd or break down ?

You should go out right now and play the Lottery.

9.5 years with E* and 4.5 years with D*. And yes, never one repair problem or receiver issue or satellite dish problem. I self-installed my original E* dish, then added a 2nd one, also self-installed. They shipped me all of my receiver upgrades for self-install. In my 9.5 years with them, I never once had an E* installer at my house. With D*, they came out and installed the dish and receivers. That was the only time in 14 years that any DBS installer was at my house.

I upgraded receivers a few times with E*, had two in the house. Ran a Dishplayer without a problem for 4 or 5 years along the way. When I switched to D* I got a HR21-100 and a SD DVR, had both for 4.5 years until I discontinued service in Jan of this year. Never had the slightest problem with either one.

9.5 years with E* and 4.5 years with D*. And yes, never one repair problem or receiver issue or satellite dish problem. I self-installed my original E* dish, then added a 2nd one, also self-installed. They shipped me all of my receiver upgrades for self-install. In my 9.5 years with them, I never once had an E* installer at my house. With D*, they came out and installed the dish and receivers. That was the only time in 14 years that any DBS installer was at my house.

I upgraded receivers a few times with E*, had two in the house. Ran a Dishplayer without a problem for 4 or 5 years along the way. When I switched to D* I got a HR21-100 and a SD DVR, had both for 4.5 years until I discontinued service in Jan of this year. Never had the slightest problem with either one.

Cool ...

You can do advertising for them with your track record !

I did my installs at my old home as well as my new home (been here quite awhile now).
I placed a pole next to a flat roof I have over the porch (walkable).
I put up my AT9 on that pole, I let D* make the swap to the SL3.

They love it, easy access and I have everything already done.

They came out once since then, for some reason they wouldn't drop ship a recvr, not sure why, but whatever, they have since then.
Anyways, when the guy was here, I asked him to go up and check the dish with his meter for alignment, I was just curious.
Came back down (I was there with him) he was surprised how well peaked it was seeing I hadn't used a meter and said it was better than what he gets WITH his meter.

So, I'm pretty happy with my installation work.

I really don't mind paying for the PP. I had it with Dish and now with Direct. I don't buy the extended warranties or anything like that on other products/electronics, appliances. But this I feel is worth it. It's one of those things I hope I never have to use it, but glad that I have it in case I do. Yep might seem to be money down the drain to some. (and not like I have money to burn :D)

I really don't mind paying for the PP. I had it with Dish and now with Direct. I don't buy the extended warranties or anything like that on other products/electronics, appliances. But this I feel is worth it. It's one of those things I hope I never have to use it, but glad that I have it in case I do. Yep might seem to be money down the drain to some. (and not like I have money to burn :D)
you have already gave them near $1,000.00
over the next 5 years $500 @ these rates.
if your dish goes down and you are out of contract <$150 or free if you talk about going back to dish.
same if you lose a box < $200 if both happens you still up $150.
by then I'll have saved $1500 enough to buy a new TV
it's just Bad insurance
good luck

offered me a free 1 when the Hard Drive died. but could not guarantee me a HR20-100S.so i put a 1tb , made fan 24/7 while in there. that was $90 done it twice , saved $180 less now lol

I thought Directv had to replace their defective equipment at no charge anyway. That not True?

sometimes they charge you a shipping fee to send out the new receiver. If you have the PP then its no fee.
When I had a R15 die they shipped me out a R22 at no charge and didnt have the protection plan

This year I had Directv out about six times this year. First problem was my tv kept pixelating took 4 visits for them to realize my dish needed aligned.

When I first got the Genie I was having an issue they ended up replacing the unit and now my MRV issues (fingers crossed its fixed). So to me it was worth it this year.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

you have already gave them near $1,000.00
if your dish goes down and you are out of contract <$150 or free if you talk about going back to dish.
it's just Bad insurance
good luck
I bet you don't have Auto or Home owners Insurance either.

There is a quantum difference between insuring a house/car and satellite equipment. I couldn't afford to pay out of pocket to replace my house, or my Packard for that matter. I could for my satellite equipment.

There is a quantum difference between insuring a house/car and satellite equipment. I couldn't afford to pay out of pocket to replace my house, or my Packard for that matter. I could for my satellite equipment.

I could afford to pay for new equipment too if I needed to, but I wouldn't WANT to.

I could afford to pay for new equipment too if I needed to, but I wouldn't WANT to.

That's the whole thing with insurance, it's a hedge against a possibility. Are you willing to take the chance that something won't happen, how much does it cost, and can you afford not to have it? Also, what is the cost benefit? For me, insurance on satellite equipment isn't worth it. For others, it is. It's much more likely that your cost to replace something is going to be less than the amount you paid in insurance.

That's the whole thing with insurance, it's a hedge against a possibility. Are you willing to take the chance that something won't happen, how much does it cost, and can you afford not to have it? Also, what is the cost benefit? For me, insurance on satellite equipment isn't worth it. For others, it is. It's much more likely that your cost to replace something is going to be less than the amount you paid in insurance.

Agreed ...

BTW, it would be much more profitable for the sub, if it covered the Day Off required most times.

we're comparing replacing satellite equipment with replacing a house or car?

seriously??

If my receiver kicks the bucket I call up D* and say "receiver is broke"...go through their troubleshooting 101 crap....then they send me a new replacement receiver and I'm out maybe $20 because I dont have the PP
If my house burns down and I dont have insurance...well then I'm a friggin idiot for not having insurance

Car insurance technically is required to be out on the road. Sure it can be state minimums and there are people who dont drive with insurance (and if they get caught their car gets impounded) but its needed

If you have trouble issues what does Directv charge you to come out? I honestly dont know

QUOTE=madmadworld;3124055]you have already gave them near $1,000.00
it's just Bad insurance
good luck[/QUOTE]
if you own a Auto & Home and buy no Insurance that's stupid.... right or wrong ?
so was called stupid did not like that.
op made a bet did not win that bet.
op makes a lot of posts 41,177, have read many of them did not think this was his best 1 calling me stupid.
sorry if it was harsh

Yes, D* does replace Defective units free of charge.

They charge $20 for shipping if you don't have the PP.

i know it's not for most and we're in the minority but i'll take that charge any day. in 5 years i've never had an issue with direct and in my 10 years with dish i had an issue twice. so i don't do the PP because the leased equipment is covered anyway and i can change an LNB or switch myself anytime. when you add it up the savings are Huge but again i understand that's not for everyone.

i know it's not for most and we're in the minority but i'll take that charge any day. in 5 years i've never had an issue with direct and in my 10 years with dish i had an issue twice. so i don't do the PP because the leased equipment is covered anyway and i can change an LNB or switch myself anytime. when you add it up the savings are Huge but again i understand that's not for everyone.
My question is what about if there are SWIM issues? I have a SWIM 16 that mean I would have to pay out of pocket for one of these? I have Spare LNBs, not worried about that to much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts