Status
Please reply by conversation.

meStevo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 20, 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Anyone have any experience with the premiere service? We have a TV with a dying panel, there any reason not to give this a shot?

Unless I am missing something this seems like an almost reasonable replacement for most individual warranty services (tv, phones, etc) a few advantages aside.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone have any experience with the premiere service? We have a TV with a dying panel, there any reason not to give this a shot?

Unless I am missing something this seems like an almost reasonable replacement for most individual warranty services (tv, phones, etc) a few advantages aside.

It won't cover DLP, tube, or any type of projection tv. It also takes 30 days from the time they get all your info in to the system. If you decide to cancel it any time during the 12 month commitment it's a $20 per month charge. I haven't heard of any bad experiences with it other than people thinking they had coverage on something when it was actually too old to cover it

Yeah... Not sure what all we'd use it for, have a cloud on our 6 year old Samsung 47" LCD that's slowly getting worse that's motivating me to consider it. Would want to make sure it is actually covered.

Yeah... Not sure what all we'd use it for, have a cloud on our 6 year old Samsung 47" LCD that's slowly getting worse that's motivating me to consider it. Would want to make sure it is actually covered.

You can always call in and be transferred to them, they can tell you everything that is and isn't covered

Just had my Home Theater receiver repaired through it. the HDMI ports stopped working. I haven't received it yet, but they said they fixed it and I should receive it on Wednesday. Overall a positive experience, so far. The only bad thing was I had to find a box to send it back. Not that big of a deal. They did send a label, though.

Guess that's another thing, I have a defective denon that needs a new network card, also interferes with HDMI switching as a result and we have to turn it off and on whenever we change inputs.

What's your total turnaround looking like for the receiver?

Would consider getting the extra protrotection and cancelling our phone insurances too.

Guess that's another thing, I have a defective denon that needs a new network card, also interferes with HDMI switching as a result and we have to turn it off and on whenever we change inputs.

Would consider getting the extra protrotection and cancelling our phone insurances too.

I believe it's a $50 charge for any repairs

Took about two weeks total. They had to order the parts. I am not sure what part they ordered but I would assume it was the HDMI board. The protection plan does not include cell phones other than technical support for them. If you have a tablet though, you can get protection for them, I believe,

I just had a plasma replaced because of Samsung's pink/purple line issue with panels. It went pretty smoothly, had to send pictures to the tech, then in a couple days they confirmed replacement, and came up with an offer of a comparable TV or some $$$. Took about 2 weeks total to get the new TV. The only issue, if you could call it that, is that they replaced a plasma with an LED TV, so it's taken some time to get used to the LED TV look coming from plasma.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts