PROTECTION PLAN

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've been a D* customer for 14 years and have occasionally had a receiver go bad. My old R15 conked out today and they tried to charge me the $19.99 plus tax to replace it. I refused (as I have in the past) and they relented and said they'd credit the shipping fee and tax.

Ok, I think I need Stone's help here again.

Stone, I looked at your Sticky post Contract Extension Chart and I wanted to clear this up about the contract extension question as it pertains to replacing a defective box.

Here's a couple of scenarios, both without the Prot Plan:

1) Someone has a defective HR22 box. From reading your chart, replacing the box does not reset the contract time. This policy is the same regardless of the Prot Plan being present, right?

2) The other question that I have is, under this scenario (defective box is an HR22), what happens if the defective box is replaced with an HR24? Since that technically constitutes an upgrade, even when the original box is defective, will that reset the contract? Also, if a customer has a defective box, will it always be replaced with the same model box? In this case, will it always be replaced with another HR22? Is a defective box ever replaced with a lower-tier model box?

Would scenario #2 be different with a Prot Plan?

Directv considers all HR models as equal, so replacing an HR22 with an HR24 isn't an upgrade or a renewed commitment unless you get it on your own. You never know what you will get from Directv as a replacement since they consider all of the HR models the same. The only difference the protection plan has in these situations is free shipping with it, $19.95 without.

I've been a D* customer for 14 years and have occasionally had a receiver go bad. My old R15 conked out today and they tried to charge me the $19.99 plus tax to replace it. I refused (as I have in the past) and they relented and said they'd credit the shipping fee and tax.

They will sometimes ship replacements for free, but they don't have to if you don't have the protection plan.

Directv considers all HR models as equal, so replacing an HR22 with an HR24 isn't an upgrade or a renewed commitment unless you get it on your own. You never know what you will get from Directv as a replacement since they consider all of the HR models the same. The only difference the protection plan has in these situations is free shipping with it, $19.95 without.

Thanks for the inifo. This is how I thought it worked but wasn't completely certain.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts