Protection Plan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gary Z

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
Seguin, Texas
I have the $7.99 Protection Plan which includes an upgrade to the latest equipment every 2 years.
If I upgrade does that mean I am stuck in another 2 year commitment?

YUP!

That is the magic of advertising.

You get stuck in another two year contract with normal pricing. (Which is outrageous, btw)

I have the $7.99 Protection Plan which includes an upgrade to the latest equipment every 2 years.
If I upgrade does that mean I am stuck in another 2 year commitment?

Can you get specific models of DVR's or just what they send you?

Whatever they have at the time. Any special requests and I imagine you will have to pay the $99 fee.

I don't know-- I just subscribed in November

Thanks. I thought I read somewhere that you could, but was just wondered if anyone knew for sure. I have had the protection plan for about 5 years, but have not upgraded any receivers. I have been thinking about canceling it, but may wait to see if I can request a specific model.

Last edited:
Thanks. I thought I read somewhere that you could, but was just wondered if anyone knew for sure. I have had the protection plan for about 5 years, but have not upgraded any receivers. I have been thinking about canceling it, but may wait to see if I can request a specific model.

They may end up "Offering a specific model" with that deal too., just never know till it happens.

That's why you call in act like you're going to quit and they'll give you credits on your account and if you want your free upgrade, then call back after getting the credits.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

We're out of contract and recently got $15/mo off per month for a year though retentions + $10/mo off for 6 months (HD Access Waiver).

Also dropped the protection plan without using the upgrade after found out that one has to renew the contract, I have spare dishes and LNB's around.

My one complaint, I really need a way to get them to trade in my H25 for a H24. Due to not having a home phone (who uses them anymore, really? They cost as much as a cell now!) only my H24 is able to order PPV by remote because it has a LAN port and the H25 does not.

We're out of contract and recently got $15/mo off per month for a year though retentions + $10/mo off for 6 months (HD Access Waiver).

Also dropped the protection plan without using the upgrade after found out that one has to renew the contract, I have spare dishes and LNB's around.

My one complaint, I really need a way to get them to trade in my H25 for a H24. Due to not having a home phone (who uses them anymore, really? They cost as much as a cell now!) only my H24 is able to order PPV by remote because it has a LAN port and the H25 does not.

not to nitpick, but my home phone with unlimited nationwide long distance is only $25 through local cable company.

Or like $4/month for Ooma (free but pay fed taxes) unless you want Premium like me......then it's $10/mth (but I'm grandfathered in so I don't pay any taxes :))

cck will get the h25 online, it has built in deca.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

So this is all I need to get? http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=decabb1r0&d=directv-cinema-connection-kit-(decabb1r0)

Sounds like it would also enable my H24 to no longer need a CAT5 line ran to it? (I'm low on switch ports).

Another reason I want them both on the network is to be able to connect to my DLNA server.

And magicjack (even the one that works without a computer) is cheaper than that.

I have a MagicJack, it does not work for any kind of data connections or faxes. I've never been able to get a fax to work on ii and I've had receivers connected to it before and saw the connection attempts on the call logs but unsuccessful.

i called direct yesterday trying to get the genie DVR and asked him about the new protection plan, he knew nothing about it and asked where i heard that at

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts