Pryor leaving OSU

I just saw a report that it looks like he will go as a QB in the middle to late rounds in the supplemental draft....according to Adman Shefter.

Middle to late rounds ?
How many players ARE there in the Supplemental draft,why were these players not in the regular draft ?
I didn't know there was a bunch of rounds in this draft.

Randell el

One example. Could it happen, yeah. But Pryor is not as polished a player as Antwaan Randle El, at least from what I have read. And I highly doubt he would go in the 2nd round like Randell El did. Randell El also was willing to be selected as a WR/Kick returner, from all indications, Pryor intends to play QB at the next level.

Only time will tell.

salsadancer7 said:
One example. Could it happen, yeah. But Pryor is not as polished a player as Antwaan Randle El, at least from what I have read. And I highly doubt he would go in the 2nd round like Randell El did. Randell El also was willing to be selected as a WR/Kick returner, from all indications, Pryor intends to play QB at the next level.

Only time will tell.

If he wants paid he'll play wherever they tell him to play. With his physical attributes he'll be able to play WR.

Middle to late rounds ?
How many players ARE there in the Supplemental draft,why were these players not in the regular draft ?
I didn't know there was a bunch of rounds in this draft.

The Supplemental Draft has the same number of rounds as the regular draft. It is just that nobody much is picked.

It works like this. The NFL prepares a list of those players eligiable for it. This consists of players whose status has changed since the main draft. Such as NCAA cheats, druggies, people kicked out of school, flunked out, whatever. Often only a couple of names on the list. So the #1 team has the first pick. Carolina. It can take somebody, or pass. And then the next team, and then the next all the way through the draft order for Round One. And then Round Two and so on and so on. Now if a team takes somebody, then it loses that pick in next year's draft. So if, say Cleveland took the player in the 5th Round then it would not have a 5th Round pick next year. So it is not like a team can just take a player without any consequences. Whatever team takes him (or anybody else) loses that pick in that round next year.

The Canadian teams never take long to inquire, I'm sure that will stand as a fall back if the NFL doesn't work out, he did not SIGN with them.

I think the Rough Riders have his rights already.

The Supplemental Draft has the same number of rounds as the regular draft. It is just that nobody much is picked.

It works like this. The NFL prepares a list of those players eligiable for it. This consists of players whose status has changed since the main draft. Such as NCAA cheats, druggies, people kicked out of school, flunked out, whatever. Often only a couple of names on the list. So the #1 team has the first pick. Carolina. It can take somebody, or pass. And then the next team, and then the next all the way through the draft order for Round One. And then Round Two and so on and so on. Now if a team takes somebody, then it loses that pick in next year's draft. So if, say Cleveland took the player in the 5th Round then it would not have a 5th Round pick next year. So it is not like a team can just take a player without any consequences. Whatever team takes him (or anybody else) loses that pick in that round next year.
Interesting and informative. Would have been one of your most civil posts if not for the following:

Such as NCAA cheats, druggies, people kicked out of school, flunked out, whatever.
:D

But wait....there is more...!

...now this connection was even BEFORE he started going to school....:eek:

It is unclear whether any of the players reimbursed Talbott for the $80- to $100-a-round guest fees. Even if they had, gaining access to the club through Talbott was an exclusive benefit and a possible NCAA violation, as Pryor received extra benefits based on his sports notoriety.

At first, general manager Regan Koivisto thought having a few celebrities would generate a good buzz for the Sciota Reserve Country Club. But, he said, he started to worry when they became frequent guests -- and when he learned that Talbott was a sports memorabilia dealer.

"I said, 'This does not smell good,' " Koivisto said. "If anything bad was happening, I didn't want it to be happening on my property."

Koivisto called the Ohio State athletic department and said he spoke to coach Jim Tressel's secretary. He said he told the woman about his concerns regarding Talbott and Pryor playing together at the club.

"She asked, 'Can I have Coach Tressel call you?' I said, 'He can,' " Koivisto said. "Coach never did call me back. But I never saw Pryor at the club again."

No one else from Ohio State contacted Koivisto, either.

Former Ohio State Buckeye Terrelle Pryor's ties to salesman date to 2008, sources say - ESPN

I have to say this whole OSU thing is really a good thing.. For my team that is. Thats one less major school to compete against in recruits ;)

Sorry to be selfish and all to my OSU fan brothers but facts is facts...

I love to hate on you Ohio sports fans but man I dont think I can anymore. Its just getting to bad up there and you guys really need a break. From the Cavs to now OSU... I feel for you I do.

The Insider said:
I have to say this whole OSU thing is really a good thing.. For my team that is. Thats one less major school to compete against in recruits ;)

Sorry to be selfish and all to my OSU fan brothers but facts is facts...

I love to hate on you Ohio sports fans but man I dont think I can anymore. Its just getting to bad up there and you guys really need a break. From the Cavs to now OSU... I feel for you I do.

Don't be too high on your horse there. Urban Myer stated that it's even dirtier in our great state of Florida when it comes to recruiting. Myer knew it was not gonna be easy nor clean when it came to dealing with "family advisers" or those wonderful "street agents". There were 25+ arrests of UF football players during his coaching reign in Gainesville, character is not something these folks do not involve themselves in. I would not be surprised if he got out because it's too much of a hassle dealing with that.