PS3 1, 360 2, Wii 3 - at least for one week, anyway

I read an analysis somewhere that said the wii will likely stay the same price, but they'll bundle more games/accessories with it.

I think a $50 price cut is expected before holiday for the Wii.

They need one at this point. $50 is not enough of a difference between the other two systems anymore.

Or maybe throw in the new Wii Sports Resort and/or the Motion Plus accessory....

Nintendo should extended that fake wii shortage a bit longer. Now that there are plenty wiis on the shelf. The sales are going to die just like the gamecube. People wants games for the system.

I saw my first TV commercial for the $299 PS3 today during a college football game.
Haven't seen any TV ads for the reduced price XBOX yet. Anyone else?

I've seen commercials, yeah. Usually tacked on to commercials for games (the last 2 seconds... 'elite now $299' or something similar). Sony doesn't have that luxury, they're basically relaunching the console so that needs to be the point of the commercial. There are twice as many 360 owners in the US compared to PS3 owners, hardware sales are healthy (as discussed in another thread, the only one of the big 3 to have sold more this year compared to last) and their emphasis is on selling games. ODST will move a good number of consoles at the end of the month, really don't need to dilute that marketing with reduced price messaging.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts