PS3 $100 off 7/15 - 7/21

Played Oblivion for a bit on the 360.. I have both the resistance and Ninja gaiden demo's downloading today while i work.. tough call, i guess i will have to wait to see whats at the store when i get there..

BTW i see blockbuster online is saying BluRay now available at 1700 stores... so if a game doesnt jump out at me, ill pick up a flick tonight..

This just means that it still costs $500 to get a PS3. 40gig wasn't that big a deal to me. I would have gotten the 20gig version if it was $399, but that isn't going to happen.

but it also has the wifi, which is good so you dont have to run ethernet cables or get a wifi adaptor. I might go to target and get a target card to get the additonal 10% off so it would drop down to 450

So compare them on fair terms:

Xbox 360 PREMIUM $399 PS3 $499
HD DVD Add-On $199 Bluray Incl
DVD Remote incl BR Remote $25
20G HD 60G HD

Total 599 524

And that doesnt even include the wireless adapter for the 360.

360 More/Better games (at this time),
PS3 More potential (BluRay storage vs DVD)
360 Cheaper if all you want is Games
PS3 Better deal if you want the next gen movies.

Last edited:
As a 360 owner, and as a DVD buyer (not renter) it's too much of a risk for me right now to go get a HDDVD drive, so I am glad I did not have to pay for one by default.

With the support Blu Ray has it is a much more appealing option, but I get my systems for the games they can play.

I can appreciate that, I wanted both, so the PS3 made more sense... after the price cut, it only cost me $120 after trading in the 360 premium i had for a year with an extra controller and a couple of games... so i am happy.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is AWESOME.. graphics are better than anything i remember seeing on my 360... of course using HDMI over component could be a part of that..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)