PS3 2.53

Though it has been circulating for weeks, I was a bit surprised by this minimal release, especially given the fact that Sony has said Home will go live before Jan 1. It does not make much sense to even bother with have a separate release, so I am hoping there is something for Home hidden in 2.53.

No firmware updates needed for home, as demonstrated by all those in beta, it's just like releasing a game at this point... a very delayed and disappointing game :p

They need to do what they did with SOCOM and just release it already. They just patched SOCOM and called it 'full of community requested features like trophies and D-Pad support' (yet another game that shipped without an alternative to SIXAXIS motion controls). They could have just as easily said 'this is the "OK, now it's done" patch'.

Looks like Pandora is working with 2.53. I was able to login and get access to all my radio stations. Very nice :up

Good. They just put it up on Playstation.com. I never download the updates via PSN anymore. I'll be upgrading my PS3 tonight.

Has anyone run into issues with newer style (widescreen) videos playing on the PS3? I tried viewing some stuff last night and I got not video, just audio. The Playstation 3 channel worked fine with the LBP video on it (of course) but when I tried other videos that are in the new video format they were not working. Anyone else experiencing this?

Has anyone run into issues with newer style (widescreen) videos playing on the PS3? I tried viewing some stuff last night and I got not video, just audio. The Playstation 3 channel worked fine with the LBP video on it (of course) but when I tried other videos that are in the new video format they were not working. Anyone else experiencing this?

What's a good site to test widescreen videos? YouTube? I'll give it a shot tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts