Ps3 as dvd player?

hometheaterman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Anyone use the ps3 as a dvd player? Ive started using mine in my ht room as my main dvd player most of the time? Any downside to this? I have a nice stand alone dvd player also that is a few years old. It however doesnt play as many formats but i don't use those anyway other than blu-ray. The only reason i want to use the ps3 is im thinking about moving my stand alone dvd player to a bed room. Should i do this or is there a downside to using the ps3 as a dvd player?

Anyone use the ps3 as a dvd player? Ive started using mine in my ht room as my main dvd player most of the time? Any downside to this? I have a nice stand alone dvd player also that is a few years old. It however doesnt play as many formats but i don't use those anyway other than blu-ray. The only reason i want to use the ps3 is im thinking about moving my stand alone dvd player to a bed room. Should i do this or is there a downside to using the ps3 as a dvd player?

As long as you keep it well ventilated it shouldn't be a problem. The PS3 does a great job of upconverting standard DVD's, but it does run a little hotter while it's doing that as opposed to playing a Blu-Ray or PS3 game.

The only problem with the PS3 i found is the fan it can get a little loud. That is why I purchased a separte Blu Ray player no fan in the S300. But the pq is the same for both the PS3 and S300

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts