PS3 graphics chip based on 7900 instead of 7800?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That is not what was stated. What was stated is that the RSX gpu in the PS3 is based on 7900+ archtecture not souped up 7800.

Nobody stated anything on that link. It's nothing but some vague assumptions from some anonymous third party source - it's pretty far from reliable info.

Sony's PP sliders were already leaked on this subject, months ago: http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060329/3dps309.htm

Furthermore 360's Xenos chip has unified shader architecture which ATI will bring to the PC market in updated, more powerful form in its upcoming R600 chip - a new architectural approach that NVIDIA doesn't even plan to introduce in its next, DX10 and Vista-reay GPU upgrade, according to their chief engineer's statement: http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20060418170458.html

PS: I have a feeling that NV will have to scrap their plans and speed up their "gradual transition" if they want to keep up wtih ATI...

Last edited:
So you can't read either:

" In PS3, the GPU is "GeForce 7900+ architecture, but it has Cell. So in PS3 it can do physics on a PPU-like architecture (Cell), not in GPU."

A direct quote from the statement by Ageia. Do not think that this english can be anymore direct.

Hey T2k -- you work for Microsoft?

JoeSp said:
So you can't read either:

" In PS3, the GPU is "GeForce 7900+ architecture, but it has Cell. So in PS3 it can do physics on a PPU-like architecture (Cell), not in GPU."

A direct quote from the statement by Ageia. Do not think that this english can be anymore direct.

Pal,

look up the meaning of the words statement, anonymous and reliable.

When you done, feel free to come back and revise your posts.

Hey T2k -- you work for Microsoft?

I work for a highly specialized visualizations/media services company. We use top-end graphics combined with our own proprietary technology - it's used mostly in animation, compositing processes, sometimes even in our web projects.
I have no affiliation with MS whatsoever (we are an average customer of MS).

I don't have to ask who do you work for because it's obvious you have nothing to do with neither graphics nor technology industry. ;)

Tk2, you have never quoted anyone or any site when you make your biased comments. You must be a great BS artist for your company.

The above comments were made by AGEIA's co-founder Manju Hedge. This was made clear on the first line. Second, AGEIA makes middleware for the PS3. You would think they know a little something about the PS3. Once again this is in the site I posted for everyones reading pleasure. I guess you really did not read the site I posted.

Hey, you don't like Sony -- I get it. You hate the PS3 -- I get that. You loooovvvvve Microsoft -- pretty evident. I post information backed up by statements and or sites. You post trolling BS with no facts whatsoever.

As for who I work for I don't. I own my own business, for 25 years. My company repairs construction equipment and we are a warranty center for 27 manufacturers. We do repairs for Home Depot and Lowe's in 3 states. I have people who work for me. In my business I have had to deal with alot of BS from both customers and manufacturers alike. You definately fit into the customer mentality. Give it a break -- if you can not post anything with any facts or a site supporting your viewpoint why do the trolling and post your negative BS?

I post information here. Some of it is rumor -- some of it is fact. That is what this site is for -- information. I have yet to see you post anything other than negative comments. No facts, no links to sites, just BS. Come back when you have something constructive to say.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
JoeSp said:
Tk2, you have never quoted anyone or any site when you make your biased comments. You must be a great BS artist for your company.

The above comments were made by AGEIA's co-founder Manju Hedge. This was made clear on the first line. Second, AGEIA makes middleware for the PS3. You would think they know a little something about the PS3. Once again this is in the site I posted for everyones reading pleasure. I guess you really did not read the site I posted.

Hey, you don't like Sony -- I get it. You hate the PS3 -- I get that. You loooovvvvve Microsoft -- pretty evident. I post information backed up by statements and or sites. You post trolling BS with no facts whatsoever.

As for who I work for I don't. I own my own business, for 25 years. My company repairs construction equipment and we are a warranty center for 27 manufacturers. We do repairs for Home Depot and Lowe's in 3 states. I have people who work for me. In my business I have had to deal with alot of BS from both customers and manufacturers alike. You definately fit into the customer mentality. Give it a break -- if you can not post anything with any facts or a site supporting your viewpoint why do the trolling and post your negative BS?

I post information here. Some of it is rumor -- some of it is fact. That is what this site is for -- information. I have yet to see you post anything other than negative comments. No facts, no links to sites, just BS. Come back when you have something constructive to say.:rolleyes:

Ditto. Im so sick of it.

JoeSp said:

:D I'm the chief technology person, I have nothing to do with marketing...

The above comments were made by AGEIA's co-founder Manju Hedge. This was made clear on the first line. Second, AGEIA makes middleware for the PS3. You would think they know a little something about the PS3.

"Middleware"? Sweet Jesus...:D

AGEIA makes PPUs - like the one I have in my PC on their Physx card.

They are obviously interested to drive up the hype around physical acceleration, no matter it turns out to be BS or not, they don't have any responsibility - hence his fuzzy wording...
:rolleyes:

Once again this is in the site I posted for everyones reading pleasure.

Thanks for posting. However when you follow up on these your limited understanding on the subject makes most of your posts usually incorrect.
Contrary I was the only one here who predicted last September that Sony won't be able to launch in March - there are certain facts in every business and it was fairly obvious for me they won't make it. Guess what, I was right. I also predicted there won't be mass-market Blu-Ray start before Summer, perhaps even Fall - guess what, I was right. If you'd pay attention to the details or you'd learn them, you'd know why most of Sony's claims are clearly ridiculous.
FYI: It's not rocket science but requires background knowledge (not necessarily CAD/HW engineer but at least some computer science or systems eng grad is pretty helpful.)

I guess you really did not read the site I posted.

Joe,

did you bother yourself to read up on the words I told you?
Apparently you still don't have the slightest idea what 3rd party means. :D

Hey, you don't like Sony -- I get it. You hate the PS3 -- I get that. You loooovvvvve Microsoft -- pretty evident.

Really? Interesting. :D FYI: I'm an everyday linux user (Windows XP too)...

I post information backed up by statements and or sites. You post trolling BS with no facts whatsoever.

Pal, your posts would be taken as full-blown trollling at any technical site: totally clueless, idiotic posts with no technical understanding whatsoever on the subject, hence all those utterly confused and sometimes laughable conlusions.
Until now I was very kind and I gave you the benefit of doubt, assuming you're not a Sony-troll but simple a pretty clueless enthusiast - thus I only corrected your biggest misinformation.
As I wrote earlier you really sound like some low-level technician who's happen to be a PS3-fan, so reads up all kinda crap then posts all his idiotic meaningless conclusions...

I posted links, you just chose to ignore them due to your inability to challenge them.

As for who I work for I don't. I own my own business, for 25 years. My company repairs construction equipment and we are a warranty center for 27 manufacturers. We do repairs for Home Depot and Lowe's in 3 states. I have people who work for me. In my business I have had to deal with alot of BS from both customers and manufacturers alike.

Just as I expected - a clueless outsider. BTW there's nothing wrong with that as long as you stay humble...

You definately fit into the customer mentality.

You mean you are, right? You can't even distinguish PR from facts.:rolleyes:

Give it a break -- if you can not post anything with any facts or a site supporting your viewpoint why do the trolling and post your negative BS?

I linked everything. If you don't understand the technical underlyings that's not my problem, sorry.

I post information here.

Information?
Pal, few days ago you didn't even know that PS3's RSX chip is most likely inferior to Xenos, as most of the industry agreed on this, I told you this 'information' (which itself is quite funny 'cause it's pretty old story)...
Do yourself a favor and educate yourself - your shallow technical background is evident.

Some of it is rumor -- some of it is fact. That is what this site is for -- information. I have yet to see you post anything other than negative comments. No facts, no links to sites, just BS. Come back when you have something constructive to say.:rolleyes:

To be honest it's kinda funny to read your unadulterated childish fanboy-hymns. :)

Seriously, don't lose your steam - please, keep posting your funny stuff... I'll only correct the biggest BS and misunderstandings only, I promise. :cool:

Last edited:
Once again Tk2 BS. No sites for your information -- no quotes from officers of any companys supporting your posistion. Just your words. Anything posistive from your BS -- nope! Anything constructive except to argue for arguements sake -- nope.

You know a chef is the chief technology person in a kitchen. You could be the person answering the phone for your company -- who knows?

Bottom line -- post anything to support your statements from anywhere -- can you do that? If not go away. Let those of us who want to share information do that. It is what makes this country great. It is what makes this particular site great. Folks like you don't bring anything to the dance. They just like to stir the pot.

Now if you have a problem with the co-founder of Ageia and his statements about the PS3 maybe you should e-mail him and tell him he is wrong. I am sure he will listen to you.:)

JoeSp said:
Once again Tk2 BS. No sites for your information -- no quotes from officers of any companys supporting your posistion. Just your words. Anything posistive from your BS -- nope! Anything constructive except to argue for arguements sake -- nope.

You know a chef is the chief technology person in a kitchen. You could be the person answering the phone for your company -- who knows?

Bottom line -- post anything to support your statements from anywhere -- can you do that? If not go away. Let those of us who want to share information do that. It is what makes this country great. It is what makes this particular site great. Folks like you don't bring anything to the dance. They just like to stir the pot.

Now if you have a problem with the co-founder of Ageia and his statements about the PS3 maybe you should e-mail him and tell him he is wrong. I am sure he will listen to you.:)

Personal attacks only? Wow how surprising... :rolleyes:

Listen kid,
it's not my fault if you are unable to click on those links I gave above and/or unable to grasp what they say... if it's true then do what I said: go and take some courses and you can avoid further public embarrassments like this. There are basic ones, even for construction people... ;)
TBH if you are willing to spend some time you can find plenty of literature on the web, no crash course is necessary.

PS: why do I have a feeling you couldn't understand the connection between things I referred to... in other words you can''t get the story either, hence this pitbull-style...? :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)