PS3 Hanging Up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There are demos for this years baseball games if you want to try them I think. I generally play The Show/2k for the 'superstar mode' - the RPGish building of your own character's career. Picked up 2k10 for the PC since it was just $30 compared to the $60 PS3 titles, given that I wasn't going to play it a ton. I like the pitching in 2k more than the show 10, uses motions on the right stick rather than staring down a meter to time things just right.

I have the same problem with MGS4, some hail it as one of the best games of this console generation, and I can't play it for more than 10 minutes. Not sure if it's the game or my own impatience. I appreciate that it's a great game, but it's just not for me.

If you missed them, I'd rent/buy some of the older titles that are fantastic... like inFamous, Killzone 2, but most importly I'd spend some time queuing up demos. There are some nice multiplatform gems out there that you might love, like MX vs ATV... just fun zipping around a course on a motorcycle, and I've never been into motocross.

I tend to end up recommending the same thing regardless of system... dont go out and buy a few/bunch of games... spend some time and download demos. I bet I have 35-40 installed on my PS3 right now.

Oh, Just Cause 2 is getting some 'game of the year' type reviews, which is a pretty big kudos less than a month from FF13 and GOW3 being released. There's a demo for it on PSN.

Actually, most objective people (including many year-end reviews I read) agree that the PS3 now has the better catalog of exclusive titles, especially after the last few months.

If you're looking at cross-platform games, it seems that most of the time the 360 gets the better version, with Final Fantasy XIII being the major exception.
Xbox also typically gets certain DLC content earlier, like GTA4's episodes, the new MW2 map pack, and certain demos come to Xbox before PS3 as well. I believe M$ got the RE5 demo first.

I think I also read that Dragon Age: Origins was significantly better on the PS3 versus the Xbox (while the PC version trumped all of them.)

Went back and restarted at last check point, selected the book and it was blurred out, then turned back to readable. I wonder if it blurred out because I did the puzzle wrong?

I may start getting into some games on my PS3. What would you recommend for someone still learning the controls? It can be sports or action.

Demos, as meStevo recommends, is definitely the way to go. When I got my PS3 as a BD player two+ years ago, I didn't expect to be gaming on it as I hadn't played console games in over 20 years (Atari).

I started with Uncharted 1 and Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction demos and got totally hooked on gaming once I mastered the basic controls of those two. Uncharted 1 has an Easy setting and Uncharted 2 even gives you a Very Easy difficulty setting (so easy my girlfriend has played it ;)). Batman Arkham Asylum is another excellent action game with a demo available. It sells for $30 on Amazon right now.

There are also a lot of arcade style games on the PSN with relatively simple controls. I'm playing Critter Crunch right now, which is excellent. And starting today several games by TikGames will be half-price for a limited time:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...&utm_campaign=Feed:+PSBlog+(PlayStation.Blog).

By the way, I tried the MLB The Show 08 demo myself and for the life of me couldn't throw the ball over the plate or hit one, so I totally gave up on that franchise. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)